help me with this argument

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by dave197, Apr 7, 2007.

1. dave197

dave197 Member

if you are not educated buy someone else you can never change, this is an argument ive had ith a few friends for sooooooo long and still have not come to a conclusion... if you are tought somthing, for example, a certain way of life, you will no no different, therefor you will never change? i dont agree.. i think as humans we have the ability to think and grow and therefore change...

another example if you dont get me yet.. if you live buy a religion , thousands of people follow it.. the priest says it is right to kill your first born baby? most will belive him because they are not taught better, but at least one person will find it in themselves to rebel and break away from wat they are taught...this is what i belive, but my friends strongly disagree and think that no one would rebel because they are not educated buy an outside source to think doing wat the priest says is wrong>

wat are your thoughts?

2. Xac

Xac Visitor

i believe in innate knowledge, but i must say this isn't a conspiracy topic, i think the philosophy forum would be more appropriate.

3. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

dude, at age 16 i started to learn ways of life. and i didnt like em. i was forced to a mental hospital not cause of my beliefs on life, (which YEAS, i taught them all my self...learned really., ok "realized") but because i was trying to tell EVERYONE that they were being lied to from childhood and that everyone is wrong and misled. very jesus like of me. very. i just remembered something soo funny. remember Not Another Teen Movie? and thats kids all, "im not.. ordinary" LMFAO thats me i swear.

no i didnt tell them they were lied from childhood i just think it. i mostly was trying to tell people that they dont think right. lol. how ignorant of me eh?

4. JesusChristPose

JesusChristPose Member

and yea i cant change for anyone. anyways, dont even think im ripping off the guy from pantera but hes my favorite musical activist whatever theyre called. fucking everything he sings about in vulgar display of power ive gone through.

5. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

It all comes down to natural selection when you think about it.

6. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

want to win your argument? Ask them one question:

who told the outside source about another way of life?
    (insert generic response, and umms)
    and who educated that person?
    (more umms)
    and who educated that person?

Sooner or later it comes down to all change coming from within. Maybe THEY can't change without someone elses help. That's certainly not true for EvERYONE

7. ErikShade

ErikShade Member

What If You liived on an island and you were brought up to believe that the color yellow was acually called green. And u come to ( the real world) and they call it yellow.... like whats the difference, what is reality.

8. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

How is that even the least bit relevant?

9. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

All you're describing is the creation of a dialect. People call green 'verde' which is no less insignificant than calling it "purple". The names we give to things are completely insignificant. Most communication is non verbal anyway. it wouldn't take long to figure out that everyone else calls something by another name, and either adapt or change.

10. hippy i am

I don't know what the link between perception and acceptance has to do with the argument?

11. hippy i am

Or the lack there of.

It's irrelevant.

Some idiot.

12. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

The guy who posted this thread is probably long gone anyway...

13. hippy i am

I'm sure you are right.

So it's pointless to pursue these hexidecimals.

14. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Imagine humanity as an empty soda bottle floating in the ocean.

- Naturally the soda bottle floats on the top of the water and everything is great

- But when people start teaching and trying to control humanity (the bottle) they force it down underneath the water. Now if you've ever tried to hold an empty bottle underwater before you'll know that there's a great force behind it trying to get it back to the surface. That great force can be seen as Our True Nature of Infinitness and Freedom

- When the bottle lets go of the teachings and controls that are being forced upon it - it shoots back up to the surface of the water and returns to it's natural state :)

Same thing with us :) Let go of the world and find yourself - Than you'll be free

15. hippy i am

Nice analogy, dude :).

16. ahazmat

ahazmat Member

Run a spelling check of your document before U pst it. Otherwz
    no one will take U seriously they will think U don't no nothing 'bout nuthin.

17. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself