help me with a costume?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by serra, May 26, 2004.

1. serra

serra tentacle girl

hey everyone!

so there is this party in early july that i am going to be attending (and also sort of helping put on, it's my friend's party, i am helping with a bunch of stuff) and its called "where the wild things are." it's a very tribal themed party, with lots of tribal and psy trance.

here is a ghastly looking link which will take you to the flyer
    http://groups.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=MyPhotos_GetPubPhoto&PhotoID=nGAAAAJoH8E1cvZ8*jY6MMDiEQGzcNElsosW6RPD6WYnU1vXZix26OwAAAAAAAAAA

anyhoo, i want to dress up fun. but that's all i know. how does one dress up tribal? i think i am going to do some black light body painting. and i have a pair of wings which i made for a previous party which might do for this one. but i don't know what else.

any ideas?

2. Pharoah

Pharoah Member

Hi!! Hmm when I think tribal I think belly dance look at this site for some inspiration on things to wear... www.tribalmax.com or even www.tribalsource.com Maybe even get some hair add ons?? Do you like colinette wool falls? They look like colored dreads.

most importantly, have fun!!!

3. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Your gonna have to go kinda kinky but wearing brown cave man type skins and Black body paint. If you want I can send you some patters to use. If your hairs short then put it in locks (like rubber band bunches of strands) and if its longish then have it go wavy/curley and put it in a tail dealy. Show me a pic of yourself (not nude no) and I can get more ideas...

4. serra

serra tentacle girl

well the picture in my signature is me, so i got the locks already! =)

as for the rest of me, im kinda short and curvey! especially short leggs and arms (hence why i am a troll! =P)(that was the last costume)

5. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

So I don't get to see? How am I supposed to plan you a costume with curvey? I say still say you get a dark brown skinned bottom that rests on the hip (wear a thong under for gods sakes or else you'll be showing everyone everything in the midst of the heavy trance... not really bad) and a matching halter thing. Maybe some bone bead things... Rawhide cords around the arms and legs would look good too. Give me a pick damnit! You got me hooked... curse you. Whats your sig mean "Life starts at 3AM"

6. serra

serra tentacle girl

ok, i will try to find a good one! i don't have many pictures that have all of me in them, for some odd reason!

ok! here! ehhehehe I APOLOGIZE for the extreme levels of skankiness/sketchiness here! it's either one extreme or the other with me, hee hee.

ok, so i don't much like my tummy so a costume that would cover that area is good! but i don't have any problems showin off the boobies or the legs or the back or anything else! just the tummy!

thanks!! *kisses*

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Ok... If you can get a hold of some leather boots (like dark ages... those soft clothy leather ones. and tie rawhide cord, crisscrossing up your legs it'd look real sexy. If you really dont want to show your tummy you could wear a tunic with a skirt. Just cut away a bunch of the area on the chest if you want. Then take some body paint and draw some stuff on your arms and other exposed areas. I can send you some paterns if you like

8. serra

serra tentacle girl

that sounds cool! i also migh make some kind of dress, im just trying to figure out hows i could doo it. i need a sewing machine! :p i'm not to bad with the ol needle and thread actually though!

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

for some reason when i read your post i had visuals of that Busta Rhymes video where everyone is painted in blacklite paint in a cave dancing around. I think it might have been that song "If You Really Wanna Party With Me". Anywhoo the paint thing sounds kool.

10. artisticphantom

artisticphantom Member

haha ya man like in that shakira music vid with alejandro sanz.............. i think thats his name.............. that's such a hot video......... if he was watching her through the window then i wanna be the fly on her wall......