help me decide!!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by ruski, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ruski

ruski Senior Member

Xbox360 or PS3?

ive been doing a ton of research but the decision is still hard. so far im swaying towards ps3.

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

The PS3 sounds like a bad beast to me...while the 360 is just...bleh, there.

3. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

Well, I work with several techies, and we all have 360's. One has a PS3 and his ceased to work after 3 weeks of normal play. I am not saying they are all bad, but HE had big problems with his.

Thus far, in side by side comparisons of screen shots the 360 looks better, although as the game makers get more creative and gain some experience working with the technology, that may change.

I am also told that the bluray option in the PS3 will ONLY play movies at 1080p, so if your TV doesn't do 1080p it is useless. (I have not been able to CONFIRM this however).

Games?

I honestly don't know having NEVER owned a PS. I LOVE several games on the 360 and it will play MOST of the XBox games as well. Plus, the online play is fantastic. There is also something in the works with Microsoft that supposedly will allow online play with PC users!

I obviously went with the 360, however, I don't think there's a big enough difference between the technology to make a bad decision.

Just my two cents.

Oh and if you go with a 360, make sure you tag this one:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360elite/default.htm?WT.svl=nav

4. 121

121 Senior Member

I'd buy the PS3 just for bragging rights. The games are available on torrent sites already!

5. Lodog

Lodog ¿

The wii. I've always had a hardon for nintendo though.

6. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Wii is kinda lame...

Not as fun as one would imagine it being.

7. Lodog

Lodog ¿

That's cause Smashbrothers hasn't been released yet.

8. 121

121 Senior Member

Hmmm... the Wii looks a bit crappy compared to leading consoles. If you have the cash I would go ahead and pimp your PC. Go quad core with the 8800 GTX GPU. IIRC, the PS3 only has a 7900 GPU and you can't upgrade it either.

9. Hacker

Wii-tarded. (Just a shirt on tshirthell.com - I actually own every Nintendo console ever released. I am a total Nintendo mark too.)

360 games are on torrent sites as well if you are into stealing games.

I've never wanted a PS console. I won't knock them for that reason. But I am perfectly happy with my 360.

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's a very very good point.

11. Hacker

BTW - Burnout on 360 is a blast!

That little moment of silence when the air is sucked out of the area before an explosion just makes ya smile...

12. ruski

ruski Senior Member

im not interested in the Wii at all... before they came out i had a job doing Wii demonstrations in shopping centres. i had to do that all day every day for quite a while and i got sick of the Wii fast. besides the Wii graphics have nothing on 360 and PS3.

i have been doing much research on the 360 and it seems that its really just a glorified PC, running at the same or a bit better than the top most PCs. alot of people argue that the games are better but it seems that once people start utilising games for the PS3 hardware, there is a lot of potential for awsome everything. I've seen some sites with comparison graphics and i didnt notice much difference but hopefully they'll bring out more games using the ps3 stuff soon.

ive also read problems from both sides about malfunctioning but ive seen more 360 complaints about over-heating and waiting 5 weeks to get it back after only playing for 5 days and stuff.

the games im waiting for like UT3 will be on both platforms so im not fussed about games really... then again the ps3 is alot of money ALTHO bluray on its own is like 500 bucks and apparently if you buy the HD-DVD add on for 360 its like 200-300 bucks which brings it to almost the same amound at ps3 anywya

ahhhh its such a hard desicion

13. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

ps3 for the blu-ray!

14. nesta

nesta Banned

there is very little in this conversation that i understand. i'm not sure if i think i should feel bad or good about that fact.

15. joe

joe Banned

I dont buy video games or consoles unless i get them for free, just seems like a waste of money that i could be hording and collecting greedily in a sock under my bed somewhere.

I would go for the 360, if someone was selling it for at least 70 bucks otherwise i aint buying and the PS3 sounds nice....it would be better if it was only a like 200 bucks...maybe

Im cheap i buy my technological nescessities and junk from entering random contests, or going to craigslist and buying em off of heartbroken techno geeks that have to pay the rent o just bought something even more expensive and shinier with man useless buttons

16. Hacker

The HD-DVD drives for 360 are $199, and HD-DVD will win the format war. You heard it here first.

;)

17. ruski

ruski Senior Member

^ ive heard that from others already :p

it seems pretty obvious though. unfortunate for ps3

18. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Wii !!!!

or 360

360 has lotsa fun games, lotsa good exclusives
    Wii is fun as hell
    PS3 is just expensive crap

and no, it's not unfortunate for PS3, Sony is full of dumbasses that have no clue how to analyze the market, they deserve what they get

19. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited