HELP: Last chance with true love in Germany

Discussion in 'German' started by dayrise, Jun 5, 2004.

1. dayrise

dayrise Member

So this may sound crazy, but here it goes.
    About 5 years ago, an amazing man walked into my friends house. He was an exchange student from Germany, with dreds and beautiful eyes. When our eyes meet, lets just say it was like the movies. When we touched, sparks, passion, love....
    This is true love that has not faded since we first meet. However, our lives went on, mistakes made, saddness, other lovers and a daughter, and the ocean between us, has kept us apart. To make a long story short, I wasn't ready to admitt that all my dreams had come true when he came into my life, but I am ready now, I am older, more secure, and most of all in love. This may be more information than I should perhaps share to strangers, but I need help, and maybe understanding will make it easier. He has said that this is the last time we can try to be together. Our times have been hard and strange. The only thing that will show that I am ready to spend the rest of my life with him, is for me to show up in Berlin. So that's what I plan to do. He said that I had to come, if I wanted to be with him. Would there be anyone willing to help me, airport, finding him (I have his address), I even have a romantic setup. Most people here seem to be so nice, so I thought I would take a chance, maybe someone out here knows what it's like searching for that person that completes you. Help, advice, anything is welcomed. I plan on coming June 28 or 29 and leaving on July 2. I don't speak German, I have been there once. I am spending everything I have on the $1000 plane ticket. He has come to the US for me, and I never left with him. So this time I am going to him.
    A little about me maybe,
    I am a 24 year old single mom. I live in TN. My daughter is 20 months old

2. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! HipForums Supporter

don't worry about not speaking german, I think very many people here in ger speak at least that much english that they can show you the way or something.
    But what are you going to do with your daughter during the time? Did you make sure you can stay at his house?

3. dayrise

dayrise Member

It's been a really hard decision to leave her to "search for my lost love". At first I decided there was no way I could leave and take a trip to Germany. But, I am afraid that if I fail to show up there, that I might loose him. That's why I am only going for 3 days. My brother is going to watch her, he has a son, they always have a good time together. I won't stay at his house, I plan on staying at a hostel. I am really worried about spending so much money though. Sometimes I feel like I am not doing what is best for my daughter, and only what I think is best for me. I have never done something like this since she has been here. I have always done what's best for her, natural child birth, breast feed, stayed home with her, attachment parenting. I am doing something for me, and I do feel guilty. Even now I am second guessing my decision. I have a packet I made for him, I have thought of just sending that, and hope that it will work. If not, then hop on a flight to him. I just don't want to risk losing him.

4. Kastenfrosch

well, I don't think that these 3 days will hurt your daughter, especially when she's with a person she knows.
    And in generell I would suggest that you shouldn't feel guilty about doing something for you. But of course you should keep the well being of your daughter in the back of your head too....
    And sometimes one just has to do crazy things. Maybe everything will work out. But maybe not.
    But the question is, what happens if it does work out? are you going to come to berlin for a longer time, or is he comming to he US? Or will you two still be separated? if yes, when are you seeing each other? (this might become very expensive...) Is he willing to accept your daughter? Is it really your true love, or are you just wishing it would be, have you ever been together, more then just a few weeks? How is he feeling about this true love thing? I don't want to spoil it, I am just asking things you should consider. You know, keeping up a relationship over that distance is pretty hard, but i guess you know that yourself.
    Think really deap about what you really want, and what you want for your daughter.

5. dayrise

dayrise Member

My story is alot longer and complex than I wrote in the intro. Yes, it is true love, and we both have known since we first meet. I know it is because for 5 years I have been trying to ignore it. It hasn't gone away, for both of us. Even he can't explain the feelings we have for each other, but yes it is mutual. It's hard for people to understand, he is a big dreamer, and I too. I said it was like the movies, but it's different because what happened was real, and pain has been real, and the love is real. I feel our souls are connected, that's why it hurts so much to be separated. It's like we have lived a thousand different lives, searching for each other and always kept apart. Like with every life our love has kept growing stronger. We have tried filling each others place with other people like us, but it never worked. I can't promise everything will work out, but I will give myself completely. I don't how we will work out the details, but we will do what it takes to be together. That is if he decides to try again. He has said before that he would love my daughter like it was his own. I know this is not as easy as even he may think, but as long as the will is there, we could work through it. I know he would be a great man in her life, if he chose to do so. I can't move to Germany, and he knows that. I know he would move here. I have been running away from this love for years, and I have finally grown up and accepted that dreams really can come true, I just have to stop running away from them. Instead I must close my eyes, lead with my heart, and grab the tail of the star dust of our dreams, and cherich the ride.

6. Kastenfrosch

Then go! :)

I just cant help you in berlin, since I live far away from there, and I don't know anybody there.

Good Luck with everything!

7. Gaia

Gaia Member

What kind of help do you need?

8. dayrise

dayrise Member

Well, it sounds like it will be easier than I thought getting around in. Mostly I suppose I need advice on how to get around. From the airport, how do I get to his address. Do I have to rent a car, or are there "cab drivers". I would also like to know a good friendly, creative, but romantic resturant in the area. Any suggestions. Also, any good words are good, I am really nervous and scared.

9. Gaia

Gaia Member

a friend of mine visited that restaurant...interesting but also very expensive experience!!

in which part of Berlin does your beloved live, dayrise? on which airport will you arrive?
    ...don't worry!

10. Gaia

Gaia Member

na, die bessere Hälfte von KlaraGaia, is doch klar...! ;)