HELP - I Need a Bare Foot Print for Art Project

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by barefootjaime, Jan 20, 2010.

1. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

Are there any digital artists among us that can help me out? I need to design a logo but I need an adult shaped black foot print similar to the Barefoot Wine logo. I don't want to steal any copyrighted material and I have seached google, wikimedia and all the others but only find child prints or cartoon-like ones. It has to be in 300 DPI and should be a (png) file. Are there any artists out there who can help me out? I need this ASAP for a project.

2. hillman30

hillman30 Member

Can't you just take one of our pics (I know you hate mine) and photoshop it? I offer the advantage of tats....well just offering a suggestion. What about cropping one of yamarks and photoshopping?

3. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

I need a clip-art style bare foot print, just like the one in the Barefoot Wine logo. See below...

[​IMG]

4. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

you could go to an art suppy store, get white construction paper, then you could get some paint on your soles (black) and step on the paper then take a photo of it then import it into computer.

I'll see what I can come up with digitally. would jpeg work?

5. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

That may be hard because the construction paper, no matter how white would still show up as a different shade of white on the image (if that makes sense). I need a border free adult size foot image. It should be 300 DPI and they prefer a (png) image. This is for a t-shirt logo. I want to get shirts made for my hippie activity group, The Peaceful Vibe Tribe.

6. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

One of these footprints would be perfect for my project. Now why can't I find a simple black footprint like this on the net in 300 DPI?

[​IMG]

7. kazuya5611

kazuya5611 Member

8. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

9. sweet_dream

sweet_dream Member

You could do the black paint footprint on white paper trick, and use a scanner to digitize the image, then use photoshop and do the following things:

1. Use the white balance dropper to assign the background color as reference white.

2. Enhance the contrast and lighten the image until all debris and scuffs on the background disappear.

3. Use the eraser tool to remove remaining blemishes.

You will then be left with a perfectly borderless footprint just like Barefoot wine's logo except that it will be your own print.

OR you could use the smart select lasso tool to select out only the footprint and paste it into a blank canvas. Either way should give you good results, and would be a fun little project.

10. barefootjaime

barefootjaime Member

Thank you for these great tips. There is only one problem. I can't afford to pay $200 for Photoshop. Do you know if the older versions are available free anywhere? I'm just a struggling college student.

11. seohsreven

seohsreven Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You could use Picassa.

12. kazuya5611

kazuya5611 Member

Did you try copying and pasting it into your paint shop program? If so, that won't work. You have to save the image to your computer as a PNG and open it from inside the program. Copying and pasting doesn't give you the original PNG.

BTW I'd recommend GIMP, an open-source, freely available graphics editing program. The GUI's not as polished as Photoshop, but it has most of the same capabilities. (Did I mention it's free?) Here's a link to the download page: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/.