Help? Herpes?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by Pizza12344567, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Pizza12344567

Pizza12344567 Members

So I just found out I have genital herpes and I am trying to figure out how I contracted it.
    I've only had two partners. My ex and current boyfriend. My ex and I were both virgins. I know he has acne problems and may have had a cold sore on his face during oral sex. I'm pretty sure he never cheated on me.
    My current boyfriend told me that he's tested twice and is clean from STD/STI. I remember him getting a cold sore, but it appeared the morning after he ate me out. And now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was just a pimple. He's had a couple since then but they really don't seem to actually be cold sores. He insists he's never cheated on me and I believe him, but I'm just so mega confused.
    If anyone has any experience and could help me understand this, it would be awesome.
    Also, if my ex and my boyfriend did have a cold sore,wouldn't I have contracted HSV-1 from kissing them first?