Help growing in Georgia

Discussion in 'Cannabis Outdoors' started by +-Freedom-+, Mar 2, 2008.

1. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

So, ive grown indoor's before, and im doing it again this year. But, i would like to try growing it outdoor's. So im going to plant in Alpharetta, Georgia. I don't know alot about growing from nature, so can someone teach me? Is it similar to indoor growing?

2. Luketrials

Luketrials Member

It's totally different, indoors you can control heat, light, pests, airflow, water flow, humidity whereas outdoors you can't. You can just stick the seeds in the ground and they will grow depending on what strain. Overall cannabis plants are hardy, but the less stress and the easier you make their lives the more effort they will put in to making THC and their Buds. I know nothing of what weather you have there or how secure it is. But as it's your first time outdoors many will recommend you grow a indicia. Sativas are harder to grow and need more skill and effort. This is my first time growing and I have gone for a hybrid and a Indicia (Early girl, brainwarp). There are more qualified people here to help you on the plants needs and what have you so I will leave the rest to them. I wouldn't want to give wrong information out.

3. Just don't forget thaat growing pot is a felony, punishable by having to entertain LOTS of horny inmates. Georgia is particularly hard on ANY kind of drug and as far as they are concerned pot is no better than heroin. I personally know a lady who got popped driving through GA from Ohio to Florida. She pulled 3 months 3 months of county time for a roach in the ashtray she forgot to eat. I know this because I had to drive her brother to pick up the infant baby who wasn't going to jail with her.

I have also personally planted a LOT of pot outdoors. I usually plant it way out in the woods, state and national parks are good as long as no trails are near the spots (plural) you decide to plant in. The real problem you have with outdoor pot is that when you tend it, you're open. When you harvest it you're open. When you're driving out of the woods with a trunkload you're open. I planted all kinds of decoy plots, making them lead in an odd direction from my cash crop, just in case. But like the guy below said, you don't control nature, so any outdoor pot you grow is a crapshoot no matter how good the seeds are.

Seriously though, you're not going to grow it near Alpharetta without getting caught. Those oinkers have been busting people around there for decades and know all the tricks and short cuts. They also have wireless cameras that look like logs and even buried impact sensors like they use on the Mexican border.

I personally find it's cheaper in the long run to simply buy the stuff in quantities under 20 grams (the felony limit in GA) and save the lawyer money for other things. However, if it's your dream to become North Atlanta's next Mega-Dealer, little of what I said will make much of a difference to you.

But in today's legal climate, growing and selling pot is literally gambling with the virginity of your own ass!!

CF

4. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

I am going to grow in my backyard. It's nearly 2 acres of forest and 4 acres of field.
    My father is a lwyer so if i get into trouble i might be okay lol.
    Annnd, idk if i shold but pic's of the spot's i want because the popo might be reading this.

5. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

lol your nuts man..

6. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

Haha i know. So i just asked my friend about it and he said to get started i should plant the seed in a yougurt cup full of organic dirt. Wait till it grow's a bit and then put it in the ground. I only have a 75w soft white light bulb with me but it get's real hott so i think it will work. It kinda looks like this:

http://www.heals.co.uk/content/ebiz/heals/invt/636316/636316_m.jpg

But, i seriously doubt that will do anything.

7. InfernoMunky

InfernoMunky Member

one word of caution... keep you location always a secret....
    try refering to your spot by zone and altitude and such.... better to always be safe....
    ...and best of luck....that place has good history of being fairly good.... i just hope you dont get any more droughts....

8. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

Drought's are no problem for me, i have a HUGE creek in my backyard, and in the past drought's there was still plenty of water in there haha. So lack of water is no question. I just hope it will grow..

9. tweet

tweet Member

I live on the other side of Atlanta from you. you know your land better than anyone else does, Just find a good spot in your yard that gets plenty of sun and let them go. The weather we have in Georgia is quite good for pot,but you do need to be carefull though. I think the most important thing is not letting anyone else at all know where they are at. I have had 2 plants with large buds on them stolen by what I thought was a pretty good friend.