Help! Emergnancy!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by WeedChica, May 29, 2004.

1. WeedChica

WeedChica Member

Omg.....help! i'm on a thirteen hour babysitting job for a 12 month old & she wont stop crying! I've fed her, changed her tried to put her to sleep, rocked her, bounced her, put in a baby einstein video, played toys with her.........i feel like there's nothing else i can do! She might be teething but i cant give her any medicine! Everthing i do she crys ! HELP!

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Take a deep breath....you need to relax, first of all. If you are stressed, the baby gets stressed. if she is teething, then get a washcloth, get it wet with cold water and wring the water out. Let her suck/chew on it. 12 months, she's probably getting molars. Give her a bottle or cup of her fav. drink. That may quiet her. Good luck, sweetie!

3. WeedChica

WeedChica Member

ok......she fell asleep after i wrote that, but right when i saw ur post she woke up..........she didnt like the washcloth, but she loved the warm bottle i gave her even though i swear she didnt want it earlier.........now she's try to go to sleep w/ her blanket & watching me lol.........THANKS ALOT!

4. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I'm so glad she has calmed down for you. If she wakes up again, just remember to stay calm, and don't let her know that you want to rip your hair out! Snuggle with her, babies love to have their backs rubbed, usually.