Hello from MA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Bassplayerjojo, May 28, 2004.

1. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Hey hippays! Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been hanging out in the hipforums for about 2 years now, so some of you probably already know me.

A little bit about me...I'm 21, female. Live in Taunton, MA. For work I design electrical systems (IE: fire alarm, lighting, power to name a few) for schools and libraries and that sort of thing on AutoCAD for an engineering company I work for.
    I play the bass. Was in a band for 2 years but got kicked out cause the lead guitarist is my x and he couldn't deal. Kinda sux.
    Right now I'm looking to start an all female punk rock band, but having one hell of a time finding a drummer.
    I'm into art-drawing, painting, viewing. I also am addicted to making jewelry - hemp, wire, beaded (oh I'm addicted to beading). Earrings are my favorite things to make cause they're simple and oh so pretty. =)
    I love Phish, GD, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Santana, Strangefolk, Galactic, SRV, Oh there's so many more I'm missing too.
    I am a big fan of seeing live music as much as possible, and am always looking to meet cool new peeps. Drop me a PM if you'd like!
    PeaceLoveSunshine
    Joanna

2. warthog

warthog Member

bass is such a cool insturment....it gives you something to tap your foot to..keep up the art of bass playin,& jewery makin PEAce & lovE

3. randomuserhaha

randomuserhaha Member

sux about your ex and your band, anyhow welcome to hippie forums.

4. PSai

PSai Member

Hey there. That's funny...I asked my girlfriend to try the bass, but she didn't like it. I'm over here in Cali looking for bass and vocals. Bands are hard to organize and make work, that's for sure.

5. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Haha, that IS funny, cause it was my boyfriend who needed a bass player for his band, I didn't play before that.

6. PSai

PSai Member

So I guess her lack of interst was a good thing after all :) .

7. hippydre420

hippydre420 Member

Hey Im from MASS to!...i live in Nahant, you probably havent heard of it..not to many people have. Its a little square mile town right next to Lynn, Swampscott, and Marblehead!.....I LOVE making jewelery to....but i havent really made anything in a ling time!!...i gotta start....Phish and other shows are happening.....ANywyas......PEACE

8. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

You're right, I've never heard of that town. Hey I'm 22 also. =)

You're gonna be hitting some Phish shows this summer? We should meet up. I'll be at the SPAC, Tweeter Center MA shows, and the festie.

9. makno

makno Senior Member

I GREW UP IN LYNN

10. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Thought I'd upload a pic of myself so you have a face to the name.

11. california

california Member

Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung.----- Voltaire

Ahhh what did he know? Actually, he was probably a musician too and still said that.

Hi from tenorsax player in the bowels of orange county cal, and I love bass players;
    they help me find my way........or not

12. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Well maybe I can help you find your way to MA? Orange County...isn't that where all the rich people live?

13. makno

makno Senior Member

bassplayer jojo ....is cute!

14. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

Thanks Makno! =)