Heaven guaranteed?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by TrippinBTM, Jan 9, 2005.

1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I saw this and thought it deserved it's own thread. Way to ask a great question, Xac.

So how about it, Christians?

2. atropine

atropine Member

of course theyll all say yes. while many will mean it, most wouldnt admit to only wanting heaven, if that was their goal.

3. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

You know, i am not a christian, but have been kinda leaning towards following Christ and Krishna more and more than the other guys, but definitly, i would be a good person, have strong morals and help people if there was no reward to me...this atropine...even before i found God i wanted/was to be like this...

4. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

In the simplest terms, me being a Christian means being a follower of Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the one who could save humanity, and who died and came back to life again. He forgave the world of their sins. This means I believe and trust in Jesus, and turning from one's former way of life to live God's way. The Bible says, "if you confess with your mouth, `Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom 10v9
    The reason why I'm a Christian can be summed up in something Jesus said:
    "I am the way and THE TRUTH and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me." John 14v6
    So when you look at it sure heaven will be great, but if there was no promise of heaven, I'd still be as strong a Christian as I am sitting here right now. I gave you the main reason, but I have many other reasons also, but I don't want to make my fingers sore from typing.

5. Lucy_In_The_Sky

Lucy_In_The_Sky Member

I'm not much of a Christian, I don't believe God, who is Love, would send someone to hell. I think life after death is more about how close to God you are.

6. arlia

arlia Members

i dotn follow heaven,i follo0w jesus christ,heaven is not the price,christ is,unity with god,heaven is just comeing home

7. mysweetisrael

mysweetisrael Member

I don't like it when people use the reward of heaven and the threat of hell to try to convince others to convert to Christianity. It really bothers me. Christianity, to me, is about life, love, peace, and the present. I don't concern myself with what will happen when I die. Worrying about the afterlife is selfish and distracting.

8. arlia

arlia Members

although it is the truth...........however some people have been know to try and 'scare' people into theyre beliefs,not jsut christinaity.and i do not agree with it,the message of god is not follow me or burn,but is baout finding purpose,the message of god is all about love and great mercy,not about condeming people

9. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Unless hell is good for you. Sorta like a fat camp for spiritual retards.

10. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I would like to correct this. Heaven is NEVER guaranteed. One should never assume, "I am going to Heaven." Once you think that, then it opens up room for you to seperate yourself from God in order to do things you wish to do, because you believe you have had some physical sense of salvation.

Heaven is the place for Christ's followers to rest after their time on this earth. It isn't exactly like a dog getting a treat for going outside. Heaven should be a goal, but not the only goal.

11. HuckFinn

HuckFinn Senior Member

As Arlia noted, Jesus described eternal life as knowing him. The concept of heaven without Christ is incoherent.

12. Lucy_In_The_Sky

Lucy_In_The_Sky Member

That made me laugh :p.

13. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

Yeah. That's pretty funny. I think you should know, true heaven is knowing and serving me.

Honestly, knowing God is just as important as knowing christ. And if you don't know that christ is a little bit of a bullshitter, then you don't know christ.