Heat Sigs

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by fantomcat_2k, Jun 16, 2007.

1. fantomcat_2k

fantomcat_2k Member

ok, come on boys and girls, how do we really stop any one finding your grow?

I have a large property and have weed in each room (i will have shortly) and i need a way to make sure no one can detect it with heat sensors.

there must be a way to prevent any detection!, infact i know fine well the the police and other authorities have this technology, ever heard of the TV detector van? for the TV license? well thats actually a radiation detector!

i know this, as an old work college had a lot of hassle with them, he didnt have a TV, but the TV people proved it, he had a very large CRT monitor and was wrongly accused.

Can we have some ideas?

2. T.H. Cammo

T.H. Cammo Member

Thermal imaging sensors pick up hot spots in walls and roofs that are created by grow lights. The trick is to not create any hot spots on the exterior of the building. This can be accomplished with good air circulation and air conditioning. It's not rocket science, it's just common sense!

If you're going to be growing in every room, what kind of total wattage will you be drawing? Several thousand watts of lights will not go un-noticed by the utility company, with a red flag like that who needs thermal imaging sensors?
    Then there's the odor issue. A whole house full of stinky girls can create a whole new set of problems!
    Heat sensors are just one aspect of the stealth approach, but they can be dealt with - no hot spots and no hot air exhaust. Remember, heat sensors are not X-ray cameras - they see "hot spots" in walls, they can't see "through" walls!

3. posedat

posedat Member

well they can see through them.. by projection of the heat on them.. just a little joke there..
    it's gonna get hot as hell in you house dude... you can either try to build a series of fake walls around the actual house and between the house and the cover.. you can just put two room fans to circulate the air and make the temperature nice and even..as for the roof... no ideea how you can solve that... but the general ideea is to even the temperature of the walls and roof in your house so the camera cannot detect any differences thus being very blind as far as your house is concerned...
    this is how you make a camera blind... BUT if your house is as hot as a big bright red spot on the camera... you're still a big question mark... so even out the temps.. and keep them on the lowish side

4. Cynic

Cynic Member

If your gonna grow in everyroom your gonna get caught, I wouldnt be worrying about heat. Your consern is energy

5. lune

lune Senior Member

Don't go over 1000 watts per room, and you should be ok as far as power is concerned. Hell, a jacuzzi, big screen tx, and a nice AC unit will take up just as much power as a 600w light for veg, and maybe 1-2000 for flower.

6. smokingitup

smokingitup Member

prob my top advice is try to find a differnt way of getting wride of heat than blowing it out the roof or where ever your gonna be blowing it helicopters are prob your biggest threat and they will pick up on that in 5 seconds im looking at a portable evaperotive cooler although it says it dont work very well in humidity which sucks if any one else has got any idea of a new unit that cools a room down please let us know

7. lune

lune Senior Member

8. wizardo

wizardo Member

POLY SHEILD the walls b4 you put up your visqeen, mylar or whatever you are using as reflective a surface on your walls.....and dont 4get the celling! you can order it out of many mags such as high times, but dont get that shit sent to you grow house. that'll protect you from infra-red dectors. you need to be thinkin about that electric bill if u gettin power off the local grid. take the advice of the kind folks that posted above me. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

9. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

just grow outside

10. -CoDy-

-CoDy- Member

I think it's fucked up how then can bust people based on those assumptions