Heart Issues

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by deadonceagain, Dec 29, 2004.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

i know pot increases heart rate my pulse is about 80 and i dont have any heart problems could pot effect my heart badly could i like die or get realy messed up from it

i know no one has OD off pot but im still freaked out

2. hip healer

hip healer Member

just enjoy it dude. sit back and eat the munchies, smoke another bowl in an hour or two

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

if you already know no one had od off pot then what the fuck are we meant to tell you? tell it to you again?

NO ONE DIES FROM WEED

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

your fuckin 15 too, and you think your heart is at risk?

5. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Take some E. Then you'll be freaked out about your heart going to fast...it will feel like it's going to explode, you can actully feel your blood pumping through your vains.

Weed only increases your heartrate slightly.

6. Dreamer!

Dreamer! Member

hey guys, easy on the kid :) he's just checking all the info out before he smokes pot.. but weed is really safe man.. well not really safe but compared to other drugs.. YES! lol, if ur wonderin about weed i say give it a try man, and listen to some pink floyd while ur doin it! its great man!

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

i track my pulse befor every time...
    my avrage pulse is 90

while high it is an avarage of 120

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

no, dreamer, its not jsut safe compared to other drugs, its safe full stop. eating too much orange fruit is more dangerous. the only, and i repeat only thing thats dangerous* about weed is if your dumb and do something stupid when high that jepourdises your own or other people's safety. but most people dont because they get paranoid about that sort of stuff, especially if theyre beginners.

* immediately dangerous, there is the danger of going crazy if you smoke too much weed and are susceptible to that. ive not seen one instance where a stoner has died from lung cancer who wasnt a cigarette smoker too. and even that, requires heaps and heaps of smoking to do.

but willy, isnt 90 a little high for normal average?

9. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Yea Bill I was thinking that too.

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

no normal is between 60-100. its well with in normal.
    anyway i didnt mean 90 i ment 80 sorry
    right now mine is 85

11. deadonceagain

thanks actuly this isnt my first time its like my 1000000000 time its just i got anxity disorder and this is the first time i smoke sehce i had it and i was scared and my pule is like 110 so im pretty sure im good its been like 150 highest while stoned

im high, now i remeber why i love weed yay!!!!

12. Dreamer!

Dreamer! Member

I agree totally with you bill, weed is safe man i was just comparing it to other drugs

13. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I dunno man, anything over 80 is pretty high. A healthy person (a runner or something) has one between 40 and 60, I remember my dad had his resting average at around 55 when he was running more. If it has to beat alot per minute, that means your heart is working harder to pump blood. Healthy hearts are more efficient so they beat less. And dude, if your heart rate at rest is 110, you need to try exercising or lose some weight, because that's almost dangerous. Seen a doctor lately?

Anyways, I wouldn't worry if you're already healthy. Shit, I have a heart condition since I was born, some problem with the valves in the pulmonary artery. I had surgery when I was 1, but even still I get short of breath when I run. My mom worries about my heart and me smoking, but I don't because I know it's fine.

14. deadonceagain

one my resting pluse is 80, it was 110 when i took it last night after i smoked
    the highest it was last night was 140 that was right after i came inside

15. volatileBunny

volatileBunny Member

If you are really nervous about smoking it might set off an anxiety response maybe? That's just a thought I had, because when you get scared high your heart fucking beats to shit, so I figured it'd be connected.

16. Mui

Mui Senior Member

pot doesnt increase your heart rate, where did you hear that?

17. deadonceagain

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

*pats mui on head*

19. bigT

bigT Member

Wouldn't this actually help your heart? I mean it speeds up your heart for 2hr. Wouldn't that be like a 2hr workout?

20. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

*pats bigt on head*