Healthy breakfast?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Spacer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

What do people eat for breakfast and do they considerate healthy. I don't eat healthy at all except for breakfast which consist of muesli and orange juice, what do other people have or what else that's healthy that people would recommend?

2. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Today I'm having

1 hard boiled egg
    toast with peanut butter
    yogurt
    coffee

sometimes I'll also have banana or a small can of tropical fruit but I seem to of run out of those.

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

For me a normal breakfast includes green tea and 2 eggs with toast (both fried in olive oil), or green tea and a bowl of hot or cold cereal with soymilk and a banana sliced in. The cereal is probably a bit healthier but I get hungry VERY quickly after eating it. Eggs keep me full a lot longer.

4. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

true I often feel hungry well before lunch, but never really have time for to boil eggs. Any morning I do have a bit of time I do cook porridge, it's always a great starter for the day, especially when you get up before 7am like me.

5. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i normally have about 5-6 boiled eggs, some toast and some fruit and OJ and apple juice.

if they have fried eggs, then i get 3 of them, and 3 pieces of cheese and make a sandwich. if they have sausage patties, then i add the sausage patties, but they are not needed. then i have my juices...

6. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

My favorite breakfast is a vegetarian protein shake made from Peacful Planet protein powder, skim milk & any frozen fruit of your choice. It's very healthy & very filling!

7. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

I usually eat a bunch of different fruits for breakfast.

8. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Funny that someone should make a post about breakfast...because I was thinking of doing the same thing the other day. :) And I was wondering if just a priotien shake would give me energy until lunch? If so, what brand? What kind? WHat do I mix it with? HOw much, etc...

9. kindwoman

For a good protein shake use one scoop Peaceful Planet protein powder, 1 cup frozen fruit of your choice, 1/2 cup skim milk, and about a tsp of vanilla syrup. Put this all in a blender & that's it! It fills me up until lunchtime.

10. Midget

Midget Senior Member

How much does it cost? where should I buy it? Asking that about the soy milk, too...I've never had much experience with that. :)

11. kindwoman

You can buy protein powder at a local co-op or health food store in your area. You don't have to use soy milk, skim works just fine. But most stores nowadays carry soy milk as well. The cost? I buy my protein powder by the can, it usually runs about $10, but lasts a long time.

12. Midget

Midget Senior Member

so what kind should I look for? Like what should it have in it, etc...

13. SimpleMan

SimpleMan Member

I usually eat 4-6 egg white omellet, a bowl of plain oatmeal, and some coffee.

14. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

I just wanted to say that one doesn't neccessarily want to be filled up until lunch. It is healthier to eat six small meals a day than three big ones. Snack often, its good for you, just choose healthy snacks.:)

15. DiffKettleOfFish

DiffKettleOfFish Kickin' it

Well, I'm kind of limited by what my dining hall serves, but I find that I eat a lot healthier when I don't have to cook it, hehe...

Usually I have some scrambled eggs or omelet, a bagel with cream cheese or hashbrowns, and a big bowl of fruit. I also like whole-wheat English muffins with cream cheese. Special K cereal with dried strawberries is really good, healthy cereal. And a big glass of OJ is good for you, too, especially if it's calcium-fortified :)

happy breakfast-eatin'!!

16. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

Monster pankcakes are tasty and easy to make:

2 eggs
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup flour

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt a pat of butter in a pie plate. Mix all ingredients together and pour into pie plate. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees. Smother with applesauce or anything else you want to put on it. Enjoy :D

Alex

P.S. For my stupenderifous buttermilk pancakes, see the munchies recipe forum, I'm too lazy to repost it here :D

17. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Today I had
    hard-boiled egg, weight watchers bagel with yogurt & cream cheese spread on it, 2 cups of coffee.

18. littlemistymop

littlemistymop Member

geeeeez whats with all the eggs..haha. you people are all insane!

i have vegemite toast and coffee if its cold, or
    banana and blackberry smoothies, or mango smoothies if its warm, or
    wheatgrass, and a carrot, apple, celery, beetroot, ginger and lemon juice!

19. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Good point

Eggs are healthy fats, but I wouldn't recommend eating them daily

Once a week I will have an omlette with cheese (made of one egg and one egg white) with turkey bacon. Lately, I have been having peanut butter and celery for breakfast. It's nice to have something light considering I eat breakfast before I go to bed in the morning.