Health and Nutrition Questions

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Bella_Donna, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

Nutritionally speaking, my childhood was a nightmare. Diet Coke was the main readily available beverage; from early morning to late at night. I never ate breakfast; rarely consumed lunch and had an enormous dinner each evening. Before dinner snacking was routine; potato chips and other goodies were kept in stock. Following dinner, ice cream or some kind of sugar-filled dessert was served. As a child not knowing better, I thought I was in heaven.

Years later, I developed healthier eating habits; however, they are still awful. It wasn't until I became friends with a guy, who's training to become a nurse, did I realize that I know absolutely NOTHING about nutritution and healthy eating habits. Somehow, many of my friends seem to just know what they should eat, what they shouldn't eat, what food helps with what biological function, etc. I'm clueless and it's ridiculous. I'm almost done university and I really think I need to start taking better care of myself.

So, I need some help. I'm looking for advice, by way of sharing knowledge or sharing helpful resources (ie. informational websites, books, magazines- websites are probably best, as they are often universally accessible). Obviously, I'm looking for more than just "eating veggies makes you healthy" or "refined sugar is bad" statements. As far as basic survival goes, what do we need to eat to live? What effects do these foods have? What helps the immune system? What harms your body?

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

2. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

"Natural cures they don't want you to know about" by kevin trudeau. He'll give you a good idea of what is healthy and unhealthy for you, and he'll be specific. I know a fair bit about health and it is an interest of mine, and that book is what started it. He claims alot, I don't necessarily believe all of it. But i know alot of the "outlandish" things he states have now been proven by scientific studies, and more and more is being proven all the time.

Not only is it informative on health issues, it also states a great deal of the corruption and greed of the medical and food industry. It will open your eyes.