Health and Healing

Discussion in 'COOL Activities' started by skip, Jul 28, 2006.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I know there are likely some healers among us. There are many forms of healing, and any would be welcome so long as they fit the COOL theme.

I'm thinking of things like massage and body manipulation (Swedish, Thai, Shiatsu, Rolfing, Reflexology, etc.), naturopathy, herbalism (including the use of medical mj, of course), hypnosis, past-life regression, healing ceremonies, saunas, sweatbaths, fasting, colonics, diet, psychic healing, reiki, etc.

You're welcome to post a thread on any of these to help our members become more familiar with these kinds of techniques and their appropriate use.

For those who have accredation or enough experience in these practices, perhaps we can offer some kind of 'healer' designation within the COOL community so people know they are ready and able to help others.

What do you think?

2. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

Sounds great! I have a list of a few meditations, inspiring quotes, and reiki-related healing techniques I could share. This should definitely be a big part of COOL, combined with our cultural pool of inspiration, this will be what brings that inspiration to life, to action.

3. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

Here is a couple proverbs from the Bible on health/healing~

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart does good, like medicine,
    But a broken spirit dries the bones.

Proverbs 16:23 The heart of the wise teaches his mouth,
    And adds learning to his lips.
    24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
    Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

4. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

As it happens, I have studied health and nutrition for about 28 years now. I am not certified, and I will certainly qualify my statements, or suggestions, but I happen to know a great deal about diet, supplementation etc.

I also know chi gung, have studied meditation for years, and have some experience in yoga as well. However, I don't feel that this can be taught over the web. I would be willing to discuss related topics if anyone cares to.

Of course, my area of concentration is more along the mystical side of life.

These three things work together to create.

I am still striving to become a Master, but it seems that I am a teacher as well as a seeker. My life change prayer twelve years ago was that I want to help other people. That's it. I purposefully left it wide open. Now these three things I have to offer.

Namaste'

5. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

Love is patient; love is kind and envies no one.

Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude; never selfish, not quick to take offense.

There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, its hope, and endurance.

In a word, there are three things that last forever: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of them all is LOVE.

Bible quote.

♥ Love ♥

Vanessa

[​IMG]

6. Scholar_Warrior

A truly Christian sentiment Vanessa, thank you!

Faith Hope Love

7. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Bible, I John 4:16

♥ Love ♥

V

8. Scholar_Warrior

Perhaps Love is the key to Faith and Hope?

9. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

Jesus 'The Christ' the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Bible quote.

[​IMG]

♥ Love ♥

V

10. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

absolutely, Love is the key to the universe,,to everything,,,infinity,,

11. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I am always happy to help pregnant and breastfeeding womyn heal their problems. I am not a midwife, but I am a Board Certified Lactation Consultant.

Human milk is one of the most healing substances known to humans. It is not only, by far, the best food for infants, toddlers and "preschoolers" it can and is used in the treatment of cancers and HIV and other immune system breakdowns.

I am happy to help anyone with anything in this sphere.

Healing, Love and Milk,
    Maggie

12. Paisley Skye

Paisley Skye Member

i would love to know more about sweat lodges and smudging. that would be an interesting class! peace, paisley skye.

13. james100

james100 Guest

I have learned tantra techniques which can arrange to teach to whoever is interested, area of south Spain,around Estepona area.