Having your bed on the floor...

Discussion in 'Home Decor and Household Tips' started by Emerson87, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Emerson87

Emerson87 Member

What are the benefits, do you find, of sleeping on just a mattress on the floor (for those who do?). I know that a lot of other countries don't usually use beds and just sleep on mattresses.

2. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

matress on the floorfor decades and now too-----more comfortable to me and looks cooler-imo----black bedroom walls and ceiling mirrors and candles and red lamp----with matress on the floor with a water bed stand around it-----my coolest bedroom ever

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

if i'm not at home sleeping on my futon mattress on the floor.. then just the plain ol'floor will do. anytime i sleep in a regular bed.. my back really hurts. i feel like i'm being forced to sleep in a curved shape.

4. melissabee

melissabee ~BabbLe TraNsMiTTeR~

Because my youngest is autistic and incessantly jumps onto and off things, we had to drop all the beds to the floor when we took a 2nd floor apartment. We were making the neighbors insane. But after all, its been over 2 years, and I rather prefer it this way. Now when I do sleep in a bed I get a wicked back/neck ache.

5. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor for years and years now- when I stay with my parents I have such a problem falling asleep because I feel so high up and I hate it!
    I like using the floor instead of a nightstand, otherwise it just adds unnecessary furniture, and I don't know, I just like being close to the ground :)

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I did not know there were benefits. I just thought it was cheaper.

7. Lizmarie

Lizmarie Member

I never liked having a bed frame, always made my room seem smaller. plus I would always lose stuff under the bed.
    My mattress has been on the floor for at least 10 years. I love it.
    The only thing I hated was when I would watch tv I would lean against the wall the mattress would slide a bit.

8. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

i miss sleeping low to the ground :(

9. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

I don't like mattresses, they have nasty fire retardents that affect how long you live. I like to sleep on my porch, with a lot of blankets underneath me and a good amount over me too of course.

10. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

How low can you go, how low can you go.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I have my bed on the floor in both my rooms because my frame was big and clunky and I wanted to save space, and didn't have money for a frame.
    It sucks for my back. I don't recommend it.
    Not unless you have a mattress made for the floor, or a box spring made for flat bottomed beds.
    Traditional bed-springs are meant to be used with frames, and many are built to support you without the pressure of the floor in the middle (which is why most bed frames are just that - frames without a middle).

Also, it limits sexual positions a little to have a non lifted bed =P

12. aydinerro

aydinerro Member

I like being closer to the ground and not putting myself above anyone or anything.

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

wait til them knees start giving you trouble, youll see why beds are set the height they are..
    im not goona say to much on that cause one my corner pedestals fell when I moved my bed, the whole thing shifted to one side and I didnt feel like fucking with it, and I kick the rest them out, now bed is on floor .. :p

14. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Sorry for you guys that have spring matresses, those suck especially if you don't have a comforter on top.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

Oh ,, higher bed makes eating pussy while sitting on floor much easier..
    higher bed has many sexually advantages that a floor bed dont..imo anyways..

16. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

ya true.. can't be bent over on a low bed

17. ice-nine

ice-nine Member

This depends on the bed/mattress.

For about a year I was sleeping on a mattress on the floor, for the simple fact that I couldn't afford the bed frame. It was a cheap, sprung mattress without a box-spring underneath. It was so uncomfortable. :( Every morning I'd wake up with a terrible back ache, and hips that felt as if they were on fire.

However, many years ago. I had a really nice HUGE mattress and this was just sat on it's box-spring on the floor. I left it that way for years, as it was nice to be lower to the ground, and was super comfortable. Sadly, due to moving a great distance, I had to give up this bed, and I've not had a nice comfy bed either on the floor or up in the air since.

18. Oake

Oake Member

I sleep on a matress and boxspring on the floor because when we moved out of state the moving truck lost half our bed frame. At first it hurt my back and neck terribly and gave me a daily head ache. Now I am used to it and it is not a problem. I like that nothing can get shoved under the bed and lost.

19. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

i grew up always with a frame but id find it kinda dirty just to have a mattress and hard to get up without shaking the bed, unless you roll off it lol

20. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

I have slept on both, and i have my best nights sleep low to the ground. Just feels comfy.

Plus sex is not as creaky, which is always a good things if other people are present in your home :p