Have you gone bathingsuit shopping recently?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Peanuts, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Normally I don't buy bikinis. I have tank tops and boy shorts that I wear plus a black one piece. This time though I was feeling a bit daring. My husband was kinda edging me on to try something different. He's very excited about my new purchase. ;)

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i wear an ankle length skirt and a long sleeved turtleneck. best not to tempt people into returning the whale to it's natural habitat.

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

uh nope

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I used to always wear bikinis or two piece suits! The biggest thing I hate about the one piece suits are that you don't get nearly as tan so I end up with super white boobs and belly. :(

5. mynameiskc

so you've got fish-belly? hehe. dave gets that, too. pure, blinding white. so funny.i try to keep comfortably covered up. don't wanna get malignant melanoma.

6. mynameiskc

i used to have this awesome black bikini that had really brightly colored flowers on it. it was shaped jus tlike that one peanuts posted. those were the days. i gave it to my mother in law whose about 4'11" and 100 lbs. jeez, was i ever that thin? i don't believe it. though, i must confess, the few pictures i have from that era, i look like karen carpenter 3 days after death, so i guess it wasn't all THAT great. but shopping was a lot more fun.

7. hippychickmommy

Hehehe yep, I've got a fish belly! :p

8. mynameiskc

i'm pretty naturally dark. i get the barest whiff of sunlight and i go all tan and shit. i put on spf 45 every hour or so, and i still get really dark. makes all the true caspers around here froth at the mouth in irritation.

9. hippychickmommy

Well I was once extremely anorexic. What happened, right? ;) I was so dang skinny that I used to wish myself plump at times. Stupid because I was starving myself at the same time. Didn't make a lick of sense really.

I wish I were thinner than I am at the moment, then again, I always wish myself thinner no matter what weight I'm at. But all I really need to do is get my butt back on my power walking routine and I could shed these winter pounds. I just started again a couple of days ago, feels great really.

I've always been quick to lose, quick to gain. Sucks, but it's in my favor when it comes to shedding the pounds.

10. mynameiskc

quick to gain, slow to lose over here.

11. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

power walking routine? ::sigh:: you're so motivated. how do you do it with twins?

ps, who needs bathings suits!

12. hippychickmommy

I don't use sunscreen like I should. I mean, I use it when I know I'll be exposed to the the sun long periods of time, but I really should use it more than I do.

13. hippychickmommy

I put the twins in their double stroller, my oldest son hops on his bike, and off we go! Except, my secret weapon is that we power walk to the playground. ;) If we were just walking to walk, the kids would protest.

14. mynameiskc

the park is exactly 200 yards from my front door.

15. hippychickmommy

We've got two local playrounds, not all that far from us. But it's about a mile to and a mile back. So I get in a 2 mile walk when I go.

16. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I have been trying to find a bathing suit... but can't find one that fits. Why? Well, i have an odd body to begin with, and being pregnant has sort of made the situation even worse.

Why don't maternity stores let you mix and match tops and bottoms? I mean, seriously. There is a really cute brown halter style bikini with a bib front and "under the belly" bottoms, but I need a 2-3XL for a top (i now have double ee's) and a medium/small for the bottom (i haven't gain an gram of fat beyond my belly and my breasts)!! So, in the bottoms that are 2XL, i could fit 3 of my asses in!

Pretty much the only place that lets pregnant women mix and match sizes is Walmart... but i don't want to go there. So, looks like I don't get a bathing suit this year.

17. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

can you buy both suits that look good on you, and ebay off the pieces you dont need?

18. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

sure... if i wanted to spend $100. My husband says i should just switch the pieces i need onto one hanger and leave the other in the change room, but i can't do that.

19. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I just bought a new bikini today. It's halterneck and white with funky red patterns on it.. kinda looks like something I already have but I like red and white combo.

I really like the one you're getting peanuts.

20. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Cutoffs n tees when modesty dictates... passé?

Many of yall get drug behind a boat? *curious*