Have you ever parked in a handicapped zone?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by VWHippieBus, Dec 29, 2004.

1. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

Of course, but I never got a ticket for it. Anyone ever got a ticket for it?

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

No!!!!!!! it's wrong. I don't even go in the dressing room designated for persons with physical disabilities.

4. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

No.................

5. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

Well I haven't parked in a handicap for a long period of time, just to run into a convienence store or something. But it is wrong...

6. Mui

Mui Senior Member

hell yeah i do... fucking handicapped people get all the good parking... what the fuck... most of them arent even handicapped, they are just old.

7. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

no but i use the big restroom all the time.

8. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I'm the guy who gets you ticketed, towed, keys your car, leaves dirty notes, and even embarrasses you in public if you park in a handicapped spot. I won't deny it. I'll go that extra mile to make sure that a person is a little uncomfortable for illegally parking in a handicapped stall.

Harsh? Maybe. But I have an aunt who's stuck in an electric wheelchair for the rst of her life. I remember one time when she was to take my brother and I to McD's to get our Happy Meals and play on the big toys outside. Well, someone illegally parked in a spot and none of the other vacant spots were wide enough for her lift to operate. And it beign the 80's, most drive-thru's didn't have the higher ceilings, so we couldn't even get our burgers to go. My brother was crying because we couldn't eat there, she was crying because she couldn't do somethign as simple as taking her nephews to McDonald's for lunch, and I was crying because everyone else was crying. Not a happy memory. So if you wonder why I'm so passionate about this subject, it's because I didn't get my burger.

9. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

hah, enough false threats. But to answer the question, my mom is legally disabled with arthuritus, and i cant drive yet so.. kind of

10. orange skies

orange skies Member

No cause i dont drive, but if i did ,hell yeah id park wherever the hell i pleased. well if there wasnt parking fines anyhoo. there are so many disabled parking spots yet not enough handicapped to fill them. its insane.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

No, I have never, and would never. I am quite capable of walking through the parking lot.
    My grandparents (well, just grandpa, now) have a pass to park in the handicap spot, but don't use it if there's any spots close enough to the buildings. He has diabetes and heart disease, he's in heart failure right now. He's ok, but needs a new heart, and won't be getting one due to age and health.

12. hiro

hiro pursue it

I admit that once I have by accident and once on purpose because I was only dropping a movie off and no one ever parks in the parking spot because it is in the middle of no where land.

13. dhs

dhs Senior Member

you know what I find funny - when you see someone in say a Hummer parked in a handicapped spot. Wouldn't you think if they had a disability that made it too difficult for them to a walk a few extra steps across the parking lot that that same disability would make it too difficult to climb up into one of those monstrousities?

14. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

For that price, it probably has an elevator.

15. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

no, i feel too guilty.