Have you ever missed somewhere you've never been?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by unlearn.and.be.free, May 24, 2007.

1. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

Lately, I've been feeling this strange sense of lacking. I feel a sad, distant echoe in my soul. It's like that same feeling of leaving someone or something that has made a huge impact on your life, a place you will never forget, and missing it terribly. But you don't remember experiencing it. I've felt like this before though. Woken up missing someone I've never met, and being incredibly drawn to a county or place on Earth that I've never been. Believe it or not, that's how I came across finding out about the Rainbow Gatherings three or four years back. Something called, quite clearly, and I searched and found, and it was all clear that something was calling me to find about the gatherings. I've never been to one, but still... I know I will one day in the future, and I know why. It's also the same feelings that drew me to Morocco, and I couldn't be satisfied until I went there and experienced what I was meant to experience there (and it was a period of major change in my soul). Something inside tells me that this is kind of like a sixth sense, the distant effects of the cycle of death and re-birth... an old soul vibrating.

Can anyone relate?
    - Unlearn

2. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

San Francisco and Ireland. I have never been to those places but I always find myself longing to go "home" there.

3. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

I have recurring dreams about this one place...don't know where it is though. Hm. It's one of those 'sit up and think' dreams.

4. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

It's hard to explain...but I do understand you perfectly. Recently I've been longing for escape. Escape from my humdrum life to somewhere new and exciting. I want to go somewhere fresh and alive with nature, somewhere far, far away from Manchester with lots of other like-minded free spirits. I don't even know if such a place exisits but I want to go there. I know how you feel.
    Peace and love wished to all.

5. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

always wanted to just start running and somehow make my way to california. Ive been waiting to go there for so long.

6. westham

westham Member

can i come 2(california)

7. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Reincarnation

8. Popa Rabbit

Popa Rabbit Member

San Francisco and North through the Pacific Northwest, first by way of New Mexico and Colorado - I can relate... Like in the movie "Close Encounters" there's an obscure force pulling us...

9. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

OK lezee
    Savanna and the GA Sea Islands, Spain, Netherlands, France, Scotland, Romania, Italy, Germany, British Columbia, England, Wales, Mobile Bay, Russia, India, New Zealand, Taiwan, Czecholslavakia, Austria, Canary Islands, all the other stars and galaxies, Northern Michigan, Copenhagen(Christiania), but I left my heart in San Francisco.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. :) I don't know exactly what it is neither though.

11. shedtroll

shedtroll Peace, Love & Linux

I really miss Cumbria and Aberystwth. Both equally prittey...

12. PoisonedPenny

PoisonedPenny Member

13. Biida

Biida Member

I know exactly how you feel, hun..

14. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

I miss all the rainbow gatherings...

15. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

yes!
    i say we rent a big bus and all go.
    hah.
    that would only be a dream.

16. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

yes. funny, i didnt realize that others have this feeling, too. maybe it does have something to do with reincarnation/ past lives???

17. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Yes. San Francisco. Ever since I was a little kid.

18. The Fool on the Hill

The Fool on the Hill Member

I feel a strange connection to history. As if I belong in Rome or Egypt. Or the sixties, as cliche as that sounds.....

19. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

Interesting, more than one person has mentioned San Fran.

One of the other places I've had this feeling with at the top of my list is India. I have a close friend who grew up there and he has shared many intriguing stories... I can't wait until I can experience it one day.

20. hall

hall Member

Your talking Northern Michigan as in U.P. Michigan right? I know some call the upper part of lower Michigan Northern as well. Anyways, I use to live in the U.P. and once you've been there you'll never forget. There's no place like it. I hope one day I can live there again cause I miss it. I'm crossing my fingers I can visit this summer again.

I always thought I was the only one that had the feeling of missing a place of needing to be at a place I never been too. Mine is San Franciso as well along with France, Finland, and India.