have you ever experienced danger on a boat?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by ronald Macdonald, Apr 20, 2007.

1. have you ever felt like the end might be near on a boat?

2. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Can't say I've ever been in too many stick nautical situations....

3. I was on a boat where the engine cut out and a huge ferry was coming toward us in poole harbour. we wre literally 20 seconds from jumping overboard when a guy in another boat threw us a line and rescued us

4. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I almost drowned when a sailboat I was on flipped. Ironically it was the life jacket that almost did me in, becuase of it, I couldn't swim down and out, to get out from under the boat, I took it off and got out though. I hate being on the water now.

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I remember a few years ago, got some bloke new to driving boats, had trust in him. We travelled past a wier but he must have gone too close because before I knew it, we were hitting the security chains. If we didn't have those security chains, I am very sure we would have been capsized and been sucked under. This lock was near Hurley Village.

6. ripple

ripple Member

Ive heard a few horror stories about those canal locks!

7. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I walked behind an E-2 Hawkeye that was turning up on the flight deck of the USS Theodore Roosevelt and thought I was gonna get blown over the side into the Atlantic Ocean.

8. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I can't say that I've felt in danger whilst on a boat, but I've had a few close scrapes on a wakeboard / kneeboard

9. The solenoid control panels incorporate a gas "sniffer" in the bilge. If gas is detected at 10 percent of the lower ignition limit, the solenoid is turned off and a warning light and alarm is activated. LP gas equipment should be installed in accordance with the ABYC Standard A1, LP Gas Systems.

10. Closest ive come was on a speedboat in Cuba, and because it was so windy Scott thought we might capsize:rolleyes::smilielol5:

Never been in many boats

11. Cairo

Cairo Member

I had a little fire on one, it was a very little fire but a surprise to see flames.

12. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

i nearly capsized once, and once i was trying to get out of a boat and missed and fell into the water. that was kinda funny but annoying. I was the first to go. :)

13. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Yes, punts are dangerous things with barefeet...

14. Fishermen are still dying from some of the same things that sunk the old schooners. If too much ice builds up on the windward side on a winter trip, the boat becomes unstable and can capsize.

15. Perhaps we should start with rum punch. This delicious concoction, a mixture of rum and fruit juice, is available in any waterside bar. It can be positively euphoric in small doses and lethal in large. Strongly recommended at sunset, but be warned that the potency is often stronger than the flavor would suggest.

16. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

Ive done all sorts on boats. Broken toes, hit my head, fallen out, capsized.

but im a good sailor!

17. Azog 150

Azog 150 Member

The first and only time I have been on those small sail boats (The ones for two people) and the bar swung round and hit me hard in the head, I almost went over the side to top it off.

18. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05J_Xe7hkIs

Calm waters are decieving. They can pull any boat or swimmer to their doom. And there is low flowing dams which are even worse. Aswell as giant whirlpools, wiers and Dam undercurrents (WHere the turbine drags in water from above, creates a small powerful whirlpool) beware.

19. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

only when my dad is driving.

20. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I hope my dad falls into a whirlpool near a dam.