Have you complimented someone today?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bird_migration, Aug 11, 2013.

1. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

A compliment says more than a thousand words, people!

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Indeed I have.

My mom, my mother in law (that one is MAJOR for me... me overcoming my past dislike of certain things about her and being truly kind, not just putting up with her...), my cousin, someone on here, my son, my husband...

anyways, yes, I always try to show appreciation for the people who matter to me.. it is very important. And also, not just the person who matter- but random people... store clerks, etc.

3. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

You, my dear terrorist, truly make a difference in this world. :2thumbsup:

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I never compliment anyone. If they want compliments, they need to go to a corporate company where they will kiss their ass and make them feel more important than they are.

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That explains why you are such a bitter person.

6. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

As do you... you are a great and genuinely nice person. :D

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Thank you sweetheart, that made me smile.

8. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I'm bitter because there is no reason to be chipper. Happiness is not real. No one is ever truly happy. People lie to themselves regarding happiness in the same way they lie to themselves that god is real.

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I feel truly sorry for you if you think that no one is ever truly happy.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Likewise. :)

Are you so sure about that?
    You may be confusing what "happiness" is. Happiness is not walking around in an eternal state of cheerful "YAYYY" bliss. Happiness is being at peace-appreciating what you have- liking your life- liking the people around you and being glad for them...liking yourself and finding pleasure and enjoyment and purpose in what you do day to day. (that is just one way to put it... but basically i'm saying it's not some BIG BLISSFUL FEELING... it's more an underlying sense of peace)

11. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

yep.

12. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

They aren't. Unhappiness is reality. Happiness is a form of fooling one's self into feeling better than one actually feels.

13. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Just because you are a sad, bitter person means that the whole world is exactly the same?

14. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

No, I am using logic to state the obvious. Happiness is only ten percent reality and ninety percent perception.

15. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Reality is 100% perception.

16. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Then you think happiness is one hundred percent perception? Well, I was willing to give you ten percent toward true happiness, but if you would rather have it otherwise....

17. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Also your twisted, cynic world-view is 100% perception.
    But sure, go feel sorry for yourself in this perceptive world. I will be happy in the meantime.

18. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Do you have proof of this?

And for the record- you are stating that if I'm not lying by saying that I am truly happy in my life right now and have been for some time then I am.... fooling myself?? And you are sure of that?

(Once again, I think you are not understanding what happiness is. To elaborate even further on what I previously stated happiness truly is- happiness is also not the absence of problems in ones life, or sadness, anger, etc.- it is not being happy about everything, all the time.
    It is an underlying sense of PEACE, being glad to be alive, liking yourself and the people in your life and being grateful for what you have.)

I, myself, like myself. I like who I have become through the hard times I've had. I have a husband and child who I adore and am very grateful are in my life... I have fun, laughing and giggling and being silly with my child every day.... I feel healthy because I take good care of myself. I sleep well at night. I don't get bored. I am not anxious or scared of the future. I am content and have meaning in my life and that gives me a sense of .....true happiness. :) I know life can suck... I do get angry, annoyed and sad. But I realize those things are just temporary and a part of life. I am not immature enough to expect the absence of those things... I just do not let those things define me. I also am not niave enough to seek out happiness or what to be "happy"... I just enjoy my life and value what I have and that is enough for me.

Apparently so.

I'm still waiting for you to define what you think "happiness" is.

19. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

Enjoy your false happiness. :)

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I will. I rather enjoy my false happiness than your false bitterness.