Hate for smokers!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by josh989, Apr 29, 2013.

1. josh989

josh989 Member

I'm tired of all the bullshit people give smokers. We all know smoking is bad for your health, but it's a personal choice. I don't see why everyone is hell bent on being some sort of hero and lecturing everyone they see smoking as if they have no clue in the first place. There's a huge double standard when it comes to this shit. Smoke weed all day = YEAH BOI 4/20!!!! smoke a cigarette = YOU ARE A FUCKING SCUMBAG!

My philosophy: let people do as they wish with their body. Everyone has their vice... be it cigs, weed, booze, fast food, whatever. As long as what they're doing isn't affecting others negatively, why do you care?

/rant

2. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Not affecting others?
    Every time I see a god damned ciggy filter on the ground, I want to punch each and every one of you.

3. josh989

josh989 Member

Yeah plenty of people think the world is their trash bin, smoker or not. You can't blame everyone for the bad judgement of a few. I definately see where you're coming from though.

4. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByMqv0_Cbw4"]FRAZER - DOUBLE STANDARDS - YouTube

5. riverman18

riverman18 solid gold brass

Then can we beat the shit out of bottled water drinkers too?

6. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

We had a project that ran in our downtown core recently with regards to volume of types of litter/trash. Butts was a sizable percentage of that total. (I'll see if I can track it back down, if ya want.)

My personal violent reaction comes from living on the bottom floor of an apartment building and every smoker that lives above thinks the lawn below them is a valid ashtray.

Bottle watered people? Absolutely. :devil:

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Not a cig smoker myself but I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_9NtA80qHg"]Bill Hicks - Smoking - YouTube

8. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I recently quit smoking. I have nothing against smokers and I rather enjoyed it, but cost of cigarettes was too outrageous to really enjoy them any more.

I hated/hate when people talk about a health problem and EVERYONE thinks its from smoking.

I was talking to a friend of mine about a tumor I have on my uterus and the bitch immediately goes "well, that wouldn't happen if you quit smoking!" WTF?!

It could be something as stupid as "my foot hurts" and people automatically assume its cuz you smoke.

9. Comfortablynumb11

Comfortablynumb11 Member

I smoke cigarettes, and don't really plan to quit for good any time soon. I also throw the butts away I don't leave them on the ground because that's gross. I don't particularly care what people think of smoking, and I think a lot of times people should mind their own business about it.

10. Ely North

Ely North Member

Cigarette butts on the ground provide a service for other smokers who are down on their luck and can't afford a shiny new expensive pack of cigarettes. I actually once witnessed a friend pick up littered butts from the ground, squeeze out any tobacco left inside, and roll his scavengings into a new cigarette. Then he smoked it.

I was disgusted.

11. josh989

josh989 Member

Some homeless guy comes around my work everyday and empties all the cig tins hanging on the walls outside.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Cigarettes are fucking disgusting. I smoke. I've been trying to quit for years, I've quit for as long as a year at a time and I always come back to it. And I think smokers deserve all the shit they (we ) get for it. It's a really nasty habit.

13. falconer

falconer Member

Out back of a local bar, there's a giant flower pot that smokers all use as an ashtray. Ive seen kids and crackheads picking through the butts for shorts. It has become common for drunk folk to pee in that flower pot now. I smile everytime i spot a kid or crackhead diggin' for shorts now. Lol

14. Justahippie

Justahippie Guest

Love it! Lol :)

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Smokers are jokers.

16. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I don't lecture smokers because it's pointless. No addict of anything would care what some stranger has to say.

But yes, it DOES affect others. People get lung cancer from second-hand smoke. I don't like if I'm sitting on a bench at the bus stop and the person next to me is exhaling in my face. It doesn't bother me so much if they're at least courteous about it. If I was there first, get up and stand a few steps away to smoke until you're done.

If you want to rant about smokers' rights, get an electronic cigarette. It's nicotine and water vapor, nobody can complain about that. I like them myself (I've never had a problem smoking a cig or ecig every once in a while).

17. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I don't care if people smoke, I just hate walking places and seeing the butts everywhere.

18. light.

light. Member

I hate to see all the trash on the ground ...

I would never throw trash on the ground ... haz any one ever seen a nice grove of fungus that look like carpet itz awesome...

I might have quit smoking in life until I realized that I had died three timez from other instancez removing my life ...

19. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

'smoke up Johnny'

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Uhm, that is just rude and unnecessary behaviour and is definately worth bothering the smoking person with! It doesn't even matter who got there first. Since I got aware of second hand smoking I have certainly become more alert where I smoke and which direction I exhale to. I am proud to say I generally make a pack last at least a week :sunny: