hash's shelf/fridge life

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by MagnanimityMan, Jun 22, 2006.

1. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

how long does hash keep its potency?? can it/should it be refridgerated???

2. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

You can keep it refrigerated but unless your planing on keeping it a really long time I wouldn't bother.

3. MagnanimityMan

MagnanimityMan Member

well, i'm going to get a nice finger's worth of some goood hash very soon, but i'm heading out of town, and truly, would wanna keep in around for next school semester - to share with some friends. that's like in 2 months,,, i was wondering how long hash keeps it's potency without losing it's mojo~ i dont wanna come back from the road to some dud, nonmagic hash, ya know? how long does it keep?
    are you saying that it's good enough to just keep in a droor or something for good amounts of time (talkin a few months here),, ~that it aint necessary to put it in the fridge?
    and do you know if the freezer will effect in it negative ways just the same?
    thanks~*****

4. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

i've found with hash that it doesn't "go off". I've smoked a piece of hash at a birthday part about 2 years ago that had been in storage for a year or so. I was pissed as a fart and it tasted sooo good and I could feel it hit me straight away - kind of taking away my pissed feeling - and i smoked most of it.

Big mistake though, as the room started spinning shortly afterwards and the semi- digestings of the evenings meal were sure to follow.

5. cheeky1

cheeky1 Member

for long term storage put it in a light proof aitight container and put in the freezer it will store for years with no noticeable loss of potency or taste