has this ever happened to you

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hummblebee, Jun 15, 2006.

1. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

When out of nowhere, on an otherwise pretty normal evening, the person who you most care about says something very bluntly that is really incredibly hurtful to you, and then say's "sorry" and acts like you're totally overreacting, and goes to bed as if everythings normal...
    I feel like screaming!
    It's not even so bad that he said it, but just that he seems to have no general sense of my feelings at all! It's just so frustrating... It felt like he didn't even mean it when he said he was sorry.
    Damnit. Now I can't sleep and I'm just miserable.

2. Biggen

Biggen Banned

I have no one that cares for me. So, no I don't know what that's like.

I'm very sorry for your shitty evening though.

3. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

drink.

4. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Way ahead of you. I usually don't drink more than about 1 Guinness a month (and even then I'll nurse it for about two hours. I've got four in the fridge, and plan to go through 'em till I pass out. This amount will probably get me beligerent. (Yeah, there are some big ups to being a lightweight...) I just need to fucking wallow tonight.

5. crummyrummy

you are sweetie. I am sorry someone treated you badly. I personally hate being treated badly.

6. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Thanks, crummy. You're the only one who gives a shit! Where in NV are you moving? You said north, like Carson City? Reno? Battle Mountain?

7. crummyrummy

Fallon, 40 sumodd minutes from reno. I think Carson City is closer.

8. ruski

ruski Senior Member

yeh sometimes... and i usually pretend i dont care, dwell on it a bit afterwards then bring it up again and get angry.

but ive done it to him too, accidentally.. did it the other night, was hitting myself the minute it came out of my mouth. think i really upset him. but i made it right.

it's just life.. and relationships, shit happens.. you can't get too upset about the small things, always remember the bigger picture. people often speak without thinking and most of the time it isn't as important to them as you might think.

9. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I was taken in as a bored girl's "pet" (you know, fed, housed and boozed and all that jazz) in Carson City after the cops gave me an ultimatum - either get out of town by sundown, or if we see you on the street you'll be arrested. If we see you hitching you'll be arrested. And we will offer you no assistance in leaving. I had like $10 at the time! I was lucky the mama saw me when she did, at that point I was just wondering aimlessly out of town on foot, into the desert with my pack and a few gallons of water. D'oh! Come to think of it, I've had more totally fucked up wierd traumatic experiences in NV than probably every other state. Well, okay, not as fucked up as ND...

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

You can tell now that I've been drinkin cuz I'm chatty.

11. crummyrummy

I hitched ouuta reno once, never been more sunburnt in my entire life....fuck hallelujah junction.....

12. crummyrummy

words to remember.
    but remember, you also cannot decide what is important to others.

13. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

He must've taken lessons from a blonde I knew.
    Doubt she's changed to date as she hadn't in the course of a decade plus.

Wouldn't venture a guess as to him/ the Future...

Good Luck.

14. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I know, but right now it just feels like it's piling on. You know? I think I have housey-wifey syndrome, partially. I feel a little bit underappreciated. Which is hard to communicate, because I've always said I WOULDN'T get like this...

And I know you cant judge what's important to other people, but this one seemed like it was a long time coming you know? Like as if he'd been holding it back for a while and just blurted at a really randomish time, so it hurt...

15. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

:( I'm sorry
    people are dumb

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Uh, yep. That has happened. =/

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

What did he say that hurt you? What was the context of it all? It sucks that you feel that way, we've all felt that way before. Sometimes when I've felt that way I've simply been overeacting, other times it's been justified that I'm upset.

Relationships are tough. Unfortunately its all about perception and not about intentions. My guess is that he is telling you that you are overeacting because he had zero intention of hurting you with his words. Unfortunately, you perceived his intentions differently. I'm being completely hypothetical here because you didn't give enough insight to what the situation was completely about. I'm not saying you're right or he's right, just highlighting how the biggest challenge in relationships (at least for me its always been) is when intention and perception don't line up.

18. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Hey hummblebee, I hope you're feeling better and that today is a more positive day for you!

{{{Hugs}}}