Has anyone noticed?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by MrDot, Jan 26, 2009.

1. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Has anyone noticed the increase of robberys and such in the past year? It has been gradually increasing over the years but it has been hitting my hometown lately. I live in a small town here in OH-freakin-IO, I've noticed people have been doing break-ins and such alot lately. Within the past 2 years there has been quite a few bank robberys here, today it happened again. A guy walked into peoples bank with a ski mask, held up the place, got the cash and left....ON FOOT! They tracked him for like 4 blocks with dogs but lost him, obvsiously he jumped in a car and crossed state lines. It's so freakin' easy to pull off around here, so sad. Hell, I know a kid that walked into a gas station not to long ago (true story), held the place up with a fucking KNIFE! All he was wearing was a ball cap, no one ever figured that one out! Kid left with 136$, lucky little fucker.

So question is, has anyone noticed the increase in robberys and crimes alike in their hometown?

2. zen_arcade

zen_arcade Banned

I wanna put on my my my my my boogie shoes

3. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

yeah, we keep getting notifications in out complex. hope i don't get jacked...

4. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Well, the fact you live in a small town means your town is probably slowly becoming infested with meth or crack if it's not already, as that's what small towns do, and people do crazy shit for stuff they're addicted to. Just a possible theory to weigh out, as I know that's the reason for most of the robberies around here.

5. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

It will level off once you're safely locked up in juvenile detention.

6. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

yeah, cuz everyone is losing their jobs

7. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

There is alot of meth around here, alot more than crack. In the paper they said this person most likely did this to support a habit not a family. The dude was probally around 18 or a little older from the description. Shit is FUCKED UP.

8. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

BTW, alot of fucking people lost their jobs within the past month, hundreds around here actually. Sad.

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

its everywhere.

83,000 cuts announced just today

10. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Wow, that's sad. I feel sorry for all those families.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

What about the "change you can believe in?"

12. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Is meth to small town, white people what crack was once to urban, black people?

In New York nobody does drugs anymore. They are all vegetarians and shit. The club kids use drugs recreationally (which doesn't count), and the hold-outs from blue-collar jobs smoke cigarettes and drink a lot of beer watching the baseball game.

But on the main, it seems like drugs (and therefore violence) are becoming a small town phenomenon in this country. And big cities are all overpoliced.

13. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

just think,thats just the companies that are big enough for the news to report. its much much worse im sure..

and yes its 100% related to the economy.I have seen no less than 5 stories in the last month of break ins where nothing was stolen but food!!

its going to get much much worse before it gets better. i would not want to be in a city this summer.its not going to be pretty.

14. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Hmm, I never noticed that but I don't get out to much. I hate to hear that meth is in my county, the shit can really ruin a person. I'd rather there be more pot than anything. I suppose there is no crack around here, because the coke is complete shit.

&& I hate "club kids." Expecially techno junkies. :D

15. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Dude, come on down to Baltimore. Bet i can get you weed, crack, meth, heroin and shot to death on any corner for 100 blocks.

New Yorkers just want people to believe they've become civilized since 9/11.

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

The change he was referring to was that people will now be expected to survive with no money, instead of just a little

17. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

and these cuts will affect suppliers of these companies, trucking companies, health insurance companies, hospitals ( in that people who lose their health coverage will flock to the emergency room and not be refused treatment, and stuck with an outrageous bill that will never be paid), fuel demand will decrease even further, will less people driving to work, so in theory, oil right now should have sunk below the fucking bottom and they should be paying us to take it.

but no. not in the great land of America.

18. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Good point Ganja, yeah in upcoming years you'll deffinatly see alot more people riding bicycles. May even see a few gangsters pulling a "driveby" on bicycles, that'd be classic. :]

19. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

maybe you just don't see it because that's not what you're looking for....

I'm sure there's plenty of junkies and crackheads there too

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the small town i grew up in just discovered pot in the last 5 or so years. whereas every person in the city here is addicted to various drugs. it's easy, since the police ignore everyone who isn't black or a college student.

and i don't really read the crime statistics, so i haven't noticed any changing trends.