Has anyone ever..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mystical_shroom, Jan 20, 2005.

1. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

met or know a person whom is actually crazy? Or have severe mental promblems?

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I don't think anyone I've known would constitute as "crazy" but severe mental problems were definatly there. When I was younger, I knew a kid so messed up he put his new kitten in the microwave. The other person I knew with major issues ended up hanging himself not long ago.

3. velvet

velvet Banned

Do people from the forum count? Because in that case I think there is a far share of people with serious issues that I daily encounter.. *grin*

:p

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

yeah, a few.

true blue off the wall craziness.

It's kinda sad to watch

5. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

sorry to hear about that..

whats with microwaves cause this kid i knew he wasnt right in the head, i think it was due to all the drugs he was taking, but he put his gerbil in a tubberware container and filled it halfway with water and put it in the microwave. I went over to his house, it smelled like shit in there and asked what the hell the smell was, i opened up his microwave to find his gerbil in the microwave, it was gross as fuck..

6. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

haha :D i have to concur with the last part of your statement

7. headymoechick

maybe theres something to the microwave thing.

I knew this kid who put a cat in there. It didn't die at first, all it's fur fell off. then it ran away and died.

this kid wasn't really crazy though, just destructive

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

it is sad, I watched this thing about stalkers or something, and this guy whom was obessed with, i cant remember who, but he was going to send a bomb to her and he was taping the whole thing, and they even warned you before they played his tape he made cause they said he had lost touch with all of reality, and it was literally disturbing and sad to watch.

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

maybe the microwaves cause the crazy people to think crazier, and put shit into microwaves. who knows.

10. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

yes my mother is clinicly insane, shes a trip to watch. She freaks out about little stuff its wild.

11. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Yes, I have met a really disturbed person. I have known him since I was around 17. People say he did used to be normal (I know his cousin), but I think schizophrenia reared it's ugly head when he hit his 20's....He wasn't even invited to his brother's wedding....these things happen when you won't take your meds!

He thought there was a monkey-man in the moon and that Chuck Norris was coming to fight him, so he would do all these wierd made-up karate moves....He would be picked up by the cops for shooting off guns, and threaten to kill people.....I still see him around, but I don't make eye-contact...:D

12. headymoechick

how do you deal with it?

is it hard?

or has she been this way for a while and you know how to lighten thigns up a bit?

I dont know If I could be strong enough to watch my mommy like that.

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

yes it was hard at first but she really has always been off but it wasnt until 6 years ago she was certifed insane.

she just acts like a child really.

shes better right now she went through a 90 day treatment center for drugs and finally kicked those habits, now she has 6 months clean.

14. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I've known some people with things like bi-polar, severe depression... and I knew one boy who hanged himself, which was really sad. He was a nice kid, too. Nice big smile. Poor guy...there was a lot going on there that a lot of us probably didn't realize. I think he was about 14 or 15 when he killed himself. :(

15. fulmah

fulmah Chaser of Muses

I've talked to a few schizophrenics, and all are a little odd, to say the least. One, though, took the cake as far as "crazy" is concerned, probably because he was homeless and eventually would run out of meds. He'd wind up walking around a shopping center I used to work in. He thought this guy with dreads in the cd store was the anti-christ and attacked him. He thought my store manager (she looked hispanic) was a colombian cartel assassin sent to kill him. He climbed atop a table in the courtyard outside the food stores and told people to stop wearing deodorant because it was blocking our bodies natural defense mechanism... our sweat, you see, contains chemicals that the alien's scanners can't get past.

This guy could also recite any verse in the king james bible, and give an extremely intelligent explanation of what that verse was about. Kinda freaky.

16. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Fulmah, have you ever read Wally Lamb's "I know this much is true" ?? His character Thomas sounds a lot like the person you're describing...I wonder what the connection is between schizophrenia and the bible. I'm not trying to be a shit, I'm actually curious. That connection seems to come up a lot.

17. fulmah

fulmah Chaser of Muses

I've not read that, but I'll add it to my list of books to read (it was getting sparse, anyways). As far as bible stuff, perhaps it's just that schizo people raised in our christian culture relate to the spiritual characteristics their dementia exhibits?

18. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

yeah, i know this guy, he's really cool but he's clearly living on a parallel dimension...it's like he's technically on another planet...you have to know him to see what i'm talking about. he gets madder from time to time and been in hospital a few times cos he gets out of control, he literally passes out and losses all sense of reality, and last time i saw him he told me he was under medication but he said he didnt like to take his meds cos they made him impotent. When he's on his meds he acts weirder than usual.

19. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

It should be WHO rather than WHOM because the subordinate clause is using the predicate and predicate complement. Thus you say, "Who is ... crazy" rather than "Whom is ... crazy" in English.

But to answer your question, yes. I have known people who hear voices, carry on dialogue with G*d, have ideation of grandeur and are into body mutilation.

And let's not get into the unbelievable behavior of parents and children as they interact in the aisles of the Piggly Wiggly!

20. velvet

velvet Banned

Ehm.. why would being into body mutilation be a sign of mental illness? Do you mean the (usually teenage kids) that cut themselve for relieve stress or block mental pain (that's hardly an mental illness now is it)? Or do you mean people who make burnmarks or scars (because that's just a way of selfexpression and is preferably refered to as body manipulation).. or do you mean the mentally ill, that hurt themselfs by banging their heads against things or biting their hands (because there it is just a symptom)?

Kinda wondering why you would state someone who's 'into' body mutilation as being crazy or having severe mental problems. Care to explain?