harry potter

Discussion in 'Movies' started by schmokes, Jun 4, 2004.

?

are you gonna see harry potter 3?

1. yeah, i want to.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no, i'm not interested.

42 vote(s)
    80.8%
  3. you're gay, harry potter is lame.

10 vote(s)
    19.2%
  1. schmokes

schmokes Member

so i started reading the books when i was 13, but i can't help myself anymore.i wish i hadn't started reading them, because now i'm sixteen and still reading...and i bet the series will keep going into my twenties and i dont know if i have the self control to stop reading them. the first movie sucked by my standards, but the second one wasn't bad, and this new one looks even better. i'm so sad. but it's cool. anyone else going to see it?

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I've never read any of the books, but I saw the first movie. It was cute. I might go see this one, but wasn't there a second one in between? I'll have to see that one first. That little red headed boy is so precious... I want to steal him. And the girl is pretty...it's hard to be pretty at that age...it's so awkward. I was really ugly. We don't have to talk about it.

I'll go see it if someone takes me, though. I just never got what the big deal was about it. Is it really that cool? Why are people dressing up like it's the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Can I sing along??? :D

3. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I don't like Harry Potter personnally, but I wouldn't say you were "Gay"

4. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

an army of hitler's nazis couldn't keep me from seeing this movie...even though the books are better.

5. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'll wait for it to be on HBO.

6. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

I saw it yesterday and it was 100 times better than the first two. It might be a bit confusing for people who have not read the books, though.

7. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

I saw the movie yesterday also. I think the first two were a bit better. The kids are sure getting better looking. Growing up has been good for them. I miss the old Dumbledoor.

The book gives a lot more detail to the Dementors than you get from the movie. But it was worth watching in my opinion.

And Schmokes, I'm much much older than 16 or even 20. I wouldn't miss it for anything.

Kathi

8. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

wooh! finally someone who thinks it's better...

personally i think the second movie sucked. i'm excited for this one though. i'll let everyone know what i think tomorrow night after i see it.

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i love harry potter, i will probly wait till it comes out on DVD and buy it tho, i dont go to the theatre much.

10. slowed_reactions

slowed_reactions Member

harry potter.. saw that whenever it came out, real late at night.. and it had to be the trippiest movie in the world. go see it drunk, tripping, stoned whatever you want it just plain hillarious and very trippy. or if u just laugh at random things, yeah def. good movie to see... pretty good prolly if you were "sober" too? but ha i def. wasnt

11. lemontwistedmind

lemontwistedmind Member

I saw the third movie last night. i think it rawked, they changed a few things from the other past movies (different director)...like the set design and albus dumbeldore is now played by ian mckellan (gandalf from the lord of the rings) because i believe the previous actor has passed away. Anyway, he did a great job, and the movie was definitely 'trippy' to say the least. The movies just arent for kids either, they hold a lot of deeper values in them. The books are definitely better though, (arent they always?)...i would say that even if u're not the biggest harry potter fan, u should check this movie out, way better than the other two...although i recommend reading the books first so u can develop ur own sense of things rather than what the screen feeds you...it's magical!
    peace!

12. lovelyweapon

lovelyweapon Member

Ooh, yeah it was much better. I don't want to ruin it for anyone who has not seen it and is planning to...but I just have to say that visually, this movie has the definite edge over the other two, plus the kids (all of them, even the secondary ones like Malfoy) seemed more believable as the characters. I think Alfonso Cuarón is a fantastic director; I'm very, very glad they brought him on for this movie.

13. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

i'm going to smoke a few and then see it. i can't wait. :D

14. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

it isn't ian mckellen playing dumbledore, it's michael gambon. & yes, the previous actor, richard harris, did pass away.

15. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

agreed. y tu mama tambien is also a very cool movie.

16. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I saw the first two movies, and I thought the first one was better. I will probably see the third one, but I'm just not sure when. I just wish I could remember the third book - I read it... but I really didn't care for it that much.

17. schmokes

schmokes Member

i saw it on friday, and it was definately was better than the first two. and lovelyweapon was right, the visuals were ten times better. i still can't get over the centaur in the very first movie, it had the worst computer graphics ive ever seen in a recent movie. it was so damn cheesy. the hippogrif [probably butchered that spelling] and the spell casting was really good looking. and id agree with the actors looking better...except malfoy. his haircut really set me back, he looked like Aaron Carter. and plus i think the slicked-back hair do made himi more sinister looking, since he's a bad guy and all. but overall, this movie was really great. i think it definately stands on it's own pedeistal compared to the other two.

18. alex714

alex714 To the Left

ya i saw harry pothead today

it was very diffrent from the first two, still cant decide if i like it. but i liked their choice for sirius black but didnt like the guy who placed lupin. it wasnt that bad actually, although the ending was HORRIBLE..

19. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

i really can't wait to see this movie, just b/c im a massive fan... although the first 2 were a bit bad compared to the books (once you'd watched them more than twice each). the hp books will rule on forever! who needs a film when you can imagine what's happening in your head and imagine it your own way?

speaking of the hp books... does anyone know when the 6th book is going to be out? im re-reading the 5th book and can't wait for book 6!!

20. AppleScruff

AppleScruff Member

i saw the movie last nite. i think it was hip, poetic, and sexy. i loved it. no comparison. cuaron is a genius.