Harry Potter book 6...

Discussion in 'Children's Books' started by crazy_gurl, Jun 7, 2004.

1. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

... anyone know when it's going to be out or anyone heard anything about it? i know it's only a year since book 5 came out, but im hungry for more!!

2. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I heard it's going to be out this november... I certainly hope so! I hate how they come out so far apart from each other, it drives me crazy! (The movies aren't as good, either)

3. paix

paix Senior Member

yeah, I was horribly dissapointed by the 3rd movie, maybe because the bnokk was one of my favorites, but I doubt that I'll even see the rest of the movies. I wish they'd just make a really long mini-sieries type thing out of each of the books, so that they can acctually do them justice.

I'm dying for the 6th book though, 5 was so amazing!

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I didn't see the 3rd movie yet, it's not playing here yet, but is it really that bad? I prefer knowing before getting really disapointed...

5. Darkman

Darkman Member

well, the third book is easily the best of the ones that she has written - the film is also the best of those that they have made (i think so anyway..) and the change in director helps this along - it's well worth a watch!!

6. turtlefriend

turtlefriend Member

Scholastic came out a while ago and said the earliest relase date is Summer 2005...I can't wait either, but keep in mind she has a baby boy to take care of.

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I thought that it was a really good movie. About 100 million times better than the first two. This one actually had decent directing and the acting was much better. I disliked the first two, but I actually liked this one. It was darker and more interesting, but still faithful to the story.

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Yeah, that's, I've seen it (about 5 times now), and I loved it! It really was so much better than the first 2, which I liked, but I thought they weren't original enough. This one was incredible... the new director did a great job, he put his own original idea in the story and made a really great, abstract, dark, and magical movie :)

9. FoxeyLady

FoxeyLady Member

I wish that the books wouldn't come out so far apart because then I always forget what happened in the previous book. It seemed like she took forever to write the fifth book and I had trouble reading it because I forget who most of the people were.

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

But, why don't you just read the book over before you read a new one? That's what I've always done... and also I must have read each book at least 3 times

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Same here. Just read the last one before the new one. And, maybe I have more time on my hands to read, but each of the books have taken me 2 days or less to read. Usually only 1 day. Which is a shame because I'd like them to last longer.

12. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I think the sixth book is going to be called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Well, that's what my friend told me, and it's been confirmed by Rowling that the half blood prince is neither Harry nor Voldemort. I can't wait until it comes out.

I don't really like the movies... they don't do the books justice.

13. cherryiceangel

cherryiceangel Member

I wanna know what happens with Professor Snape...

I was watching the 1st movie on fox family channel today and there were some scenes that I don't think I have seen before...does anyone know if they are playing a different version or something? Am I just crazy? I have watched the movie many times...did I really miss parts of it?

Im confused!

14. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Wow I really wonder who The Half Blood Prince is gonna be! I just can't wait to read it...

And about the movies, well, I think that it's good that they're not the exact adaptation of the books, they would be boring! What would be the point of exactly adapting the books? Then no one would want to read the books anymore...

15. Smiling_Rose

Smiling_Rose Member

"The half blood prince" rumor title is probably bullshit. When the last title was released it was all over the news in england, but there hasn't been any speak whatsoever of the sixth book. I liked Harry Potter when I was ten/eleven, but since it's become so commericial i've kinda lost interest. Way too much hype.

16. LittleHippy

LittleHippy Member

I liked the third movie but i really think they should still dress them in wizard clothes and not in "muggle" clothes because now they took a good part out of the next movie out because they cant have trouble dressin like muggles to go to the Quiditch world championship thing. Anyway my favorite seen in the third movie was when Lupin turned into a werewolf... it was so awesome.

Peace,
    LittleHippy

17. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

tis not bullshit, most every harry potter site has confirmed it, wwwl.mugglenet.com is a good source and of course http://www.jkrowling.com/en/