harold and maude

Discussion in 'Classic Movies' started by kam1324, Jul 10, 2007.

1. kam1324

kam1324 Member

i think its the best movie ever. its a feel good movie, if you havent seen it i highly suggest it. it changed my life

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The best movie on the face of the earth.

It also has one of the best soundtracks... gotta love Cat Stevens.

3. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

Its arguably (with myself that is) my favorite movie of all time.....

4. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I've been wanting to see it for awhile now, and it finally came on TV today. It came on TCM right when I was ready to go to bed, but I decided to stay up and watch it. Boy am I ever glad I did!

5. lithium

lithium frogboy

Wonderful film:)

6. jeanette946

jeanette946 Member

def one of my favorites. i think i also caught it unexpectedly on TCM, and at the beginning i was like, is this that movie that they talked about on VH1's I love the 70's or whichever decade. and so i kinda thought i knew what would happen, if i hadnt i might not of watched it.

7. Claireofthemoon

Claireofthemoon Member

Great movie. Ruth Gordon was great as was Bud Cort.

8. sigmaa

sigmaa Member

I love that movie... my favorite part is all the ways he "kills" himself

9. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

How I feel about it exactly! It is my no.1 favourite films, and I love A LOT of films. It is beautiful, amazing and incredible, I could talk about it for ages and like you, it changed my life, I can identify with both Harold and Maude so much. Plus I think I am just a little in love with Harold, do you think it's wrong? Hehe.

Blessings
    xxx

10. AttentionDeficit

AttentionDeficit Member

Harold and Maude is in my top three favorite films ever.

11. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

I recently saw this too. One of the small details that struck me is that Maude was a Holocaust survivor. One of the ways I looked at it is sometimes you must be close to death to truly appreciate life. I also notice that they nicked the end of Harold and Maude in Quadrophenia.

12. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Just saw this one last week as Netflix has been trying to shove it down my throat by continously suggesting it to me. Not sure what all the hype was about, found it rather boring and redundant. I'm aware this movie has a huge cult following, but I just don't get this one.

13. catman2130093

catman2130093 Member

While the others pursued VW buses, I found a 59 Caddy Hearse! Awesome (thirsty) car. Thi smovie had everything to do with it! Also,if you like Bud Cort, check out "Brewster McCloud"-another good movie...

14. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

It's a wonderful film, really makes you think about your outlook on life. I do love Cat Stevens so the soundtrack was a big plus.

Read the book as well! It's great.

15. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I loved Brewster McCloud also. It was recommended to me but was very hard to find, I had to get an ancient VHS of it on ebay.

16. theraccoonhat

theraccoonhat Member

I love this movie so much. It's my favorite movie and I think it always will be. I kind of saved my life! :)

17. MSRosetti

MSRosetti Member

What a refreshing look at love. Soulmates are soulmates no matter what the age difference. Well worth watching. I especially loved Harold's half-assed suicide attempts.

18. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I grew up in Marin county, but I remember a couple of times going by the old Pullman car on the way to Napa from Vallejo. I watched it deteriorate over the years. I wonder what condition it could possibly be in now.