Hard vs. Soft

Discussion in 'Hashish' started by unfocusedanakin, Apr 28, 2012.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

So I hear some people saying hash actuly looses some it's potency when it's completely dry due to oils evaporating.

Most hash you see in dispenserys out here is pretty hard, but I see allot of european hash that seems to a bit moist. I would compare it to breaking a piece of bread, where some hash out here it's rock hard. Yet even when rock hard it's very potent.

So what's your opinion, How dry is too dry? I'm planning to make my own batch of bubble.

2. unfocusedanakin

Well no one had any input on here. But all my friends say they prefer the slightly moist stuff. They say it's the best hash yet, and I agree. It has a little extra something with those oils.

The dispensarys out here dry out their bud WAY too much too, so it must just be how they do it.

3. gobru

gobru Member

i agree also

4. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

I find the best hash should have the look and consistency of horseshit

5. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Dude yes slightly moist hash is a lot better than hash that is super dry. I know little about hash, i have been lucky enough to have it an ok number of times though.

What is a simple has tek that yields best results? Any favourites? I have used the isoproypl (sp) alcohol method before and had pretty good results.

6. Just a daily toke

Just a daily toke Senior Member

my favorite type of hash is the kind that is super hard, you need a razor blade to cut some off, then can roll into little balls with fingers

other then that I <3 bubble hash

7. chadcr01

chadcr01 Senior Member

I'm not a big fan of rock-hard hash...

Some of that rock hard hash is hard to smoke too... Burns like shit, and sometimes actually catches fire and flames, instead of just burning. I like the softer type hash's that are not pressed, or pressed gently so that the hash will still break apart with a gentle squeeze.

I don't think it's necessarily that hard hash is that way because its dry... it's just pressed really hard in a pollen press, as opposed to other shit that is pressed more lightly?.. I guess I don't understand what you mean by "dry hash"? Because isn't all hash dried?... if you get it dry sieve some how, it's already dry (provided you use dry plant material).. if you get it with ice water, you dry your yield before smoking (obviously)..

I dunno, guess I always thought the consistency of the hash had more to do with the way it was pressed, as opposed to how dry it is... I dunno if that's even what you meant in the OP, I'm really high right now... It sounded like "dry hash = hard hash" to me but I could be totally fuckin wrong I'm a lil confused here lol

8. MADwoman

MADwoman Member

Dude, if it's bubble and it's hard then it wasn't done right. Bubble should be like taffy if it's done right. The best hash should be beautiful and blonde. I have a friend who's practically an expert in bubble, both making and consumption.

How do you make your bubble?

Hard, dark hash is often that way because of how the plant material was handled from the beginning and it has a lot of green plant material left in it. If you've been gentle with it, then you've only gotten the trichomes and from that point the hash should not only be rather soft, but colored ranging from a light tan-blonde to a medium blonde, maybe with a slight tinge of green (or purple if the strain used threw purple trichs).

9. unfocusedanakin

^
    Made with bubble bags in the standard cold water separation.

I think I have it right now, and for much cheaper then a dispensery

10. MADwoman

MADwoman Member

In my strong opinion many people OVERMIX or mix too vigorously. From things like drills rigged up with paint stirrers to how they treat and handle the material that the hash is made from in the first place, they bash it all to pieces. It's like... it's like.. it's like when you take all season to cultivate these really beautiful buds, then put them through a God damned automatic trimmer. Fucking hire some people, mkay?

I use a wooden spoon and a bucket with a spigot at the bottom, and instead of mixing for a longer time and doing fewer runs, I mix for about 5mins by hand, drain and pull each of the bags, then run it through again. Keeping the slurry mixture cold cannot be stressed enough, it's the cold that breaks off the trichomes and makes it so you don't have to beat the shit out of the material you're hashing.

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

how much money does 7 grams of bubble go for using that over trimmed bud and wooden spoon?

12. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Senior Member

lets face face it this hash is mostly made out of what would of been disguarded a few years ago and if your making it to sell of course your going to bash the shit out of it to get the most you can.

I say bring back proper imported hash that made by slaves in far off third world county`s that probably need the money lol

13. in the woods

in the woods Member

i like my hash a little on the soft side too but hell i would take it all hard or soft

14. unfocusedanakin

It's not only slave labor that makes hash. Some people make a nice living off it. For example in the middle east it's the only way to make a living,. The land is perfect for hash, and the same famlies have grown it for generations. I would not really call it slave labor though.

But for any mass imported hash all you have to do is go to Europe. It just doesn't come to America.

A dispensery would charge you $15 to maybe even $50 for a gram of bubble hash. Depends on how good they think it is. They do not usualy do price breaks on hash. But buying from a friend or decent dealer they do and would probably not charge more then 10 or 15 a gram for the best bubble that would be 50 in the dispensery

15. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

hash should be nice and kinda soft..
    [​IMG]

16. unfocusedanakin

17. Chidanandji

Chidanandji Guest

hmmm there are very good hard ones, and very good soft ones; as well there are shit quality of both...