Happy now??

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Astaroth, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth Banned

Michael Powell just resigned from FCC.

A sad day for me, definitely a cause for celebration for you. But, I know when I'm beat. Hopefully his replacement will be worthy.

Let the grave dancing commense. :mad:

2. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

celerbration yeah yeah yeah .two pints of lager and a packet of crisps please . hated that empty headed prick . lets throw a big fuck/n party man / you get der bevies in / / peace /

3. jesuswasamonkey

jesuswasamonkey Slightly Tipsy

I'm sad.

Who is going to permit media monopolies now?

Who is going to levy the largest fines in history against people who say or show things the government doesn't want them to show?

Who is going to babysit your kids so you don't have to actually monitor what they watch?

Who is going to force TV and radio to pander to the lowest common denominator?

Who will protect us from Howard Stern?

Oh what will we do now? Our country is doomed!

Have no fear, I'm sure someone equally nannified and moralistic will be chosen to head the Fascist Censorship Commitee. And you can rest assured that no one will have to go out and actually vote for him either.

4. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Why a sad day? Not even discussing the decency and media ownership issues, Powell has no clue with his understanding of small town America. His push to eliminate the Universal Service Fund and to hype VOIP as the solution to rural America's high cost communication issues, indicates a complete lack of knowledge or concern regarding rural America's communications infrastructure.

His support of BPL and treating the RF spectrum as a political tool to be allocated to whatever business entity has the most power and money shows a complete disregard for everyday America. Powell is a political hack who will make decisions based party agenda, not on the communications well being of our nation.

It baffles me how rural America still thinks the Republican party actually cares about them.

5. lildeadheadash

lildeadheadash Member

Again, I read on netscape.net that only 7% of Americans have common sense. He's one that falls in the other category. No common sense!