Happy IDAHO Day!

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by ~Zen~, May 17, 2022.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I am sure you are all scratching your heads now... my own private Idaho comes to mind, but NO!

From Wikipedia:

International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia is observed on May 17 and aims to coordinate international events that raise awareness of LGBT rights violations and stimulate interest in LGBT rights work worldwide. By 2016 the commemorations had taken place in over 130 countries.

The founders of the International Day Against Homophobia, as it was originally known, established the IDAHO Committee to coordinate grass-roots actions in different countries, to promote the day and to lobby for official recognition on May 17. That date was chosen to commemorate the decision to remove homosexuality from the International Classification of Diseases of the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1990

In researching this I came across the portal for the Wikipedia LGBT area. Very informative and lots of links to check out!

Bravo and BE TOLERANT!

Captain Scarlet likes this.
  2. ~Zen~

Mexico added the day to their annual holiday list in 2014!

Bravo! Fitting as it is Taco Tuesday today :)

3. ~Zen~

As of May 17, 2021, the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia has been officially recognized and commemorated by over 130 different countries across the globe.