Hangover Cures

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by Caserock, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Caserock

Caserock Member

What is everyone's favorite morning after cure? After many years of experimentation (and waking up thinking I was dying! ) - my solution must include:

1/2 Bar Xanax ( helps chill you out and maybe even get some more sleep! )

and 1 or more of the following:
    7up
    Saltines
    French fries
    Bloody Mary
    Meclizine ( motion sickness pill - can make you sleepy so be careful with Xanys )
    Pedialite
    Gatorade
    Emergen-C
    Vitamin Water
    Tylenol
    Anti-Acid pill
    Sex ( or sometimes just an orgasm from any source )
    Hot Shower
    Massage ( if you can talk someone into it! )
    Light physical activity ( like a short walk )
    IV ( in emergency room to rehydrate you - if I only had access to one! )

Hope that helps somebody - what are some others?

[​IMG]

2. real_large

real_large Member

Hi Caserock:

I've read a little bit about how fighter pilots used to use their on-board oxygen when they had hangovers. They said it was the only real "cure." When your body is breaking down alcohol, it uses oxygen to rip apart the alcohol molecules so your body can get rid of them. (I can attest to this, because with really bad hangovers I often feel like I'm breathing hard, out of breath).
    If you can get a lot of oxygen into your system (you mentioned exercise and sex -- both will help), you're body will break down the alcohol faster.
    I've tried in the past to find some oxygen to suck on for hangovers, to no avail. I'd love to try it sometime.

Like you, I've tried long tired lists of "cures." The salt and the electrolytes and the sugar and the vitamins you mentioned all help get you back into balance (your body loses a lot from a good drunk) but until the alcohol is gone, you'll feel like shit.

But maybe hangovers are good. If I weren't punished, I'd probably drink much!

3. Caserock

Caserock Member

Yeah - when you find that O2 - let me know!

4. real_large

real_large Member

Weird thing is, I think you have to have a prescription to get O2. A prescription for AIR. How's that for capitalism.

5. Caserock

Caserock Member

It's like those stupid Oxygen Bars that you pay to sit at and breathe....People walk away like: "Oh I feel so much better and healthier..." BS!

6. real_large

real_large Member

So, Caserock, I guess we just suck it up, have a bloody mary, and start drinking again.

Hangovers: Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.

7. Caserock

Caserock Member

I like it! Cheers :)

8. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

scrambled eggs with hot sauce and ketchup, followed by a scuba dive...works every single time down here.

9. real_large

real_large Member

Killin' me, Sam! I just sat down at my computer from eating scrambled eggs with ketchup and hot sauce (I went habanero this time -- kicked it up a notch) ...

I'm now ready for the trifecta: My ass, my couch, college hoops.

10. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

-Green tea- detox + caffeine
    -marmite/vegemite toast ( dont know if you have that in america, more of a brittish thing)- has lots of vitamin b, which you loose when you drink alc.
    -Hot shower
    -one toke of cannabis

11. johndoe000

johndoe000 Member

alot of gatorade or water and a couple advil

12. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Drink water non-stop until you piss twice in 45 minutes. Two meals minimum. Good to go.

13. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

definitely weed or more alcohol. But weed always does the trick for me. Last last new years eve, not 2008 but 2007, i was locked up for new years 2008 =( , i drank so much alcohol i blacked out. woke up like 12 hours later with the worst hangover of my life. it was one of those i feel like dying hangovers, but sure enough some hits of some very potent chronic made me feel much better.

14. Megadeth

Megadeth Member

All you need is one glass of water before you pass out and no hang over

15. BillyX

BillyX Member

lots of greasy food does the trick for me, some kfc or something like that :p

16. fondfarewell

fondfarewell Member

Yeah just drink plenty of water while your drinking. Always works for me.

17. polecat

polecat Weerd

Hair of the Dog....

18. maddhatter

maddhatter Senior Member

going for a walk usually helps. staying inside just makes it worse i find.

19. navajas

navajas Member

i always force myself to drink 2 liters of water b4 i got to bed, works like magic. yesterday i drank 1 liter of rum, when i got back home i drank 3 liters of water, woke up 2 day feelin great. i usually eat yogurt, honey and a banana b4 drinkin too. yogurt coats ur stomach n has good bacteria for digestion, honey gives u sufficient energy b4 u drink, bananas have some essential vitamins that get depleted when u drink, i read this in a magazine sumwhere.

20. myCHAINisGUCCI

myCHAINisGUCCI Member

yeah...i dont get why anyone didnt say that. i always chug a bunch of water before i pass out and i usually feel pretty good in the morning. only problem is when ur soooo drunk u just pass the fuck out without drinkin water haha.