Hand pump water filters, whats the best?

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Gyva02, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

I don't know much about these, but might be looking to buy one soon. Do they make one where the filter is washable so you dont have to keep buying filters, or is there no way around that? Any information is great, thanks

Mike...

2. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

3. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

man gyva,, ya know theres clean water at the gathering,, or ya should..

geeze...

but yea,, katadyn.. ya do know its a slow proccess using one of them dont ya?

like a quart a minute..

4. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Not for the gathering HHB, but thanks again for the insulting post on your behalf...

Mike...

5. hippiehillbilly

how did i insult you??

6. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Do I really need to explain? for one you got a smily doing that I'm crazy thing on the top then you say "OR I SHOULD KNOW" like im an idiot or something, just do me a favor if its not nice dont reply after me anymore...

Never assume anything....

7. hippiehillbilly

dood you need a drum circle or some sacred herb ,, a yoga session somethin..

i aint fuckin with you dood..

but i have a honest question..

why ya goin off on me constant like im tryin to rattle yer cage??

yer old school rainbow,, ya should know the answers to every question ya ask..

it makes no sence to me brother.. ive spent 7 years here watchin the young and naive ask the same questions over and over,,.. hell not 8 pages back in this same forum is a long thread about water filters..

i just dont get where yer comin from..

its rehash for someone of yer age an bein a rainbow brother..

or at least its suppossed to be..

luv n light

8. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

just respect what I said above, if its going to put me down in any what so ever aspect, if its just plain mean, if its to make fun of me, if its to say "god damn you stupid fuck why dont you know that at your age, ANYTHING negitive please just dont post it, its all I ask... if you cant handle my STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID questions do me a favor and put me on ignore so you dont have to read them anymore. Its that easy...

Your not nice...

Mike...

9. hippiehillbilly

brother i have never put a single person on ignore here.. [​IMG]

but back ON TOPIC..:p

ya got me lookin again,, an for the way we set up in the woods for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.. this lil baby is the shit..

[​IMG]

Description of Katadyn TRK Drip Filter with Ceradyn Element:[​IMG]The Katadyn TRK Drip Filter will treat more water than any filter we know of (before cartridges need to be replaced). The TRK drip water filter is a gravity feed filter which requires no pumping, hookup, or electricity. Fill the upper compartment with up to 2.5 gallons of untreated water, and it literally drips through the 0.2 micron ceramic filter elements into the bottom compartment. Simply set it on a counter in the corner and keep it filled. The Katadyn Drip water filter is the way to go for cabins, base camps, recreation sites, boats or RV's. The Katadyn TRK Drip filter comes with three ceramic filter elements (it uses all 3) which will treat up to an incredible 39,000 gallons of water.

10. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

Thanks HHB, Sorry for the rant.. but damn man.... let me go to pm.. for ya...

Mike...

11. hippiehillbilly

i dont do pm's either.. ;)

12. Gyva02

Gyva02 WACKY

please do the one I just sent... just this once

13. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

MSR Makes a nice one that gets better flow but it tends to clog. Try the Katahdin hiker and tie a bandanna around the intake bobber to filter out silt. You might actually get the 200 gallons it advertises that way without waiting a week for someone to drop ship you a new cartridge.