hallucinating...

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by forest_pixie84, Jan 24, 2005.

1. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

has anyone here hallucinated after taking psych drugs? if so how long after?
    ocassionally i can see what look like little bugs made of brilliant light flying every which way in the space in front of my eyes.. it's soo wierd.. i think mushrooms are to blame, either that or it was when a ex-friend gave me a wet joint to smoke... (i saw some strange things with colors that day)

2. stranger

stranger Member

you know i wondered once tripping if a bug somehow interacted with a mushroom and its spirit or something was transferred with the mushroom, or if mushrooms remember bug conciousness or bugs or mushrooms a conciousness of their own. how else could you explain them knowing the human conciousness so well?

ive never really hallucinated too bad from mushrooms, i always had a relatively firm grip on reality, and never really concentrated on the actual hallucinations. i could make them happen most of the time, just focusing on an object, or looking into a mirror.

3. juggla

juggla Member

i did some acid and i was looking at a picture on the walls and it started to morph into the game tetris.

4. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

wow cool

5. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

Shrooms: Cracks in my mirror turned into huge daddy long leg spiders and they were coming towards me. It sucked because I'm TERRIFIED of spiders. [​IMG]

Sleep depervation: A fucking train crashed into my living room wall. It was insane! I took alot of nyquil to make myself fall asleep after that. Hallucinations from sleep depervation are never fun.

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Well I dont know about you, but the colourful bugs you speak of are something im familiar with, but ive had them since i can remember, sometimes at random times or after/during light headedness. i always assumed thats what people meant when they said they saw spots or stars

7. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

^^ i see stars... and then i HALLUCINATE!
    i dont hallucinate anymore (for no reason) but i used to like EVRY morning when i was taking phenethylamines every weekend. it was tranclucent colors swirling around right in front of my eyes. this continued for months after the phene's were taken away from me (went illegal).

8. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

once i took 300mg of DPH and drank a bottle of jack and smoked a blunt and i was looking at the my friends posters on his walls and part fo teh faces poped out like old school 3D then i was looking at a poster of a cop holding a joint on the wall and the lips started moveing i didnt hear and words but it was still realy cool

also another time i smoked alot of pot and opium and my firend convienced me that his hand was on backward and then he turned it and it spun around like three times on his wrist

9. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

i've hallucinated alot on shrooms...not always is it objects, but usually just bright colors. For a few examples, i was watching yellow submarine, and i saw a rainbow forming over the television...and then i was looking at my wall, and it was just more and more and more green, and it was intense!

Then once i was shrooming in this park, and i was looking at the hill side, watching all the plants and brushes floating gently side to side, as the hill turned a variety of colors, then looking up to the sky was like a whirlpool...and when i was climing the stairs to the top of the hill, i thought it was a so called "stair way to heaven"...wow what great trips...but now im just rambling :D

OH YA, also when it turned nigth when i was still tripping, i swore i was walking on shooting stars, it was so peaceful...

10. The Flow

The Flow Member

That coulored bugs you describe are in most cases some kind of afterglow in your visual cortex. For example: if you use drugs, that affect the serotonine system, very often, your brain will produce more of this neurotransmitter. If you then stay away from drugs for a longer time (at least more than 2 weeks) and then start again with a high dose, you´ll get a very intense high, because all that serotonine stored in your synaptic cells will be released at once. This may cause an overreaction in some parts of the brain (e.g. the visual cortex), which can last longer than the drug-influence in other parts of the brain - voilá: here are the bugs!:&

11. KissYourKiller

KissYourKiller Member

those "white bugs" are actually your blood cells. I forgot how it works, but aparently if enough blood is flowing you can see them float around acrossed your vision. I think it is an image from inside your eyes, or behind them or something. They sometimes look like suspended bubbles? Pretty much transparent? Thats them. I first noticed this after really getting into pot.

12. NitrousBum

NitrousBum Member

After taking dxm i see shadows in my pheripheral vision. This usually goes on for about a week or two. The shadows look like figures of people, but they are all black, usually they are looking at me, its kind of freaky. :)

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

the last guy on the irst page is jsut wrong, drug use generally lowers seratonin levels, thats why drug users get depressed when theyre not on drugs, often. also, the effects dont coincide with the effects of serotonin. i dont know where he pulled that info from.

however, theyre completely different to little suspended bubbles, i see THEM a lot when i look into the sky. the reason theyre most probably not 'white blood cells' is because if they were, then you woulndt be able to see them caus theyre too close to your eye, theyd just turn out as blurred blotches so blurred that you cant see them. put anything close to your eyes and youll notice you cant focus on anything closer than a few centimetres. and the closer to your eyes, the more blurry and transparent their edges get. the only theoretical way would be if they were at a precise point within your eyeball, but if that was the case then youd see heaps more than some stray white blood cells, youd see all teh other particles in your eye too

14. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

I see something like that alot, usually when I'm staring at a bright light in the dark. They look alot like blood cells, and I notice some other particles in the fluid...if I roll my eyes up and back down fast enough, I can watch the cells float back down to the middle of my vision.

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh? i can only see sparse ones, often in a few groups, with some other disturbances but not as much thats in real body fluid

16. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

last summer I tripped 6 out of 7 weekends in a row on 2C-I or 2CT7 and 3 times on mushrooms in between. For 2 months after, lines and patterns did not stay still. They were always dancing. Driving was hard.

I'm fine now but those 2 months scared me a bit.

17. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I congratulate you. This is one of the trippiest sentences I have read on this site in a long time.

Time for an award!

18. Dazed4now

Dazed4now Member

thats crazy how long were u awake for?

19. AceAzamean

AceAzamean Member

Most people I know refer to that visual sensation as "eyes" or more specificly they look like "egyptian eyes" I tend to agree, I see these on a number of things most prodominately on acid tho.

20. Lanstar Zero

Lanstar Zero Member

I have been able to see those specks of light moving around for as long as I can remember - especially if I look at the sky..