Hair

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by shock74, Jan 7, 2005.

1. shock74

shock74 Guest

How do you get your parents to let you have long hair without making you cut it?

2. Mish

Mish Member

Tell them it's your hair and they don't have any control over it.

3. Mish

Mish Member

Or put it in a ponytail....

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

... you gotta be in control over the whole parent/kid relationship...

Use psychology... tell em ya wanna be a liontamer... then when you change your mind and grow your hair out, it wont be a big deal.

5. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

you hide all the scissors and tell them to cut their own goddamn hair.

6. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

nothing they can do about, its not their hair to control.

my parents had long hair when they were kids to, so they dont mind anyway...just as long as its clean :p

7. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

Just tell them Jesus had long hair too! When it doubt pull religion on em'! :)
    I'm bad.

8. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

If your parents have that much control over you that you can't keep your own hair how you want it, just give up on life.

9. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Kill them.

10. shock74

shock74 Guest

I'm not killing my parents nor giving up on life they have a thing about it idno why eather......... I tryed the jesus thing but they said that was a long time ago.

11. shock74

shock74 Guest

That Killing Parents Thing Is Sick Dude Why Would You Kill Someone

12. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

You should comming suicide with long hair than... they will never make you cut it afterwards.

13. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Because they don't let you have long hair...duh!

14. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

See, I never had that problem. My mom kept our hair long for us ( me and my sister ) and said when we grew older we could choose to keep it or cut it, whatever. I kept mine, but my sister chopped hers and dyed it black. Mine is just below my butt now, pretty long, and currently I have it in about 30 braids.

15. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What's happenin' baldy?

16. PuZuZu

PuZuZu Member

Well maybe your parents don't want to see their kid fall into a rut where all he focuses on is his hair. When you have a kid with long hair, other parents may think you let him do other things too... And as a guy, hair can make most of your personality. Alot of kids wouldn't dress/act/think the same way if their hair wasn't long.

If desperate times call for desperate measures, ask your parents to at least check it out. Even if most likely they won't go for it and you'll have become emotionally attached to your hair. Just wait till you are out of the house, maybe you'll have done yourself a favor or will find a cool hair do. Who knows.

I have nothing against guys with long hair. Thats the first thing I usually get turned on by. It is a good look but its a powerful look. Sometimes parents don't want to be related to it. Don't blame them, minds work differently. Maybe they went through the same stage, learned the lesson and dropped the hair fashions. So now they think you as a teenager should 'get it' already.

If I was a 'rent with a interested boy I'd let him grow it out to a flattering look and see if he gets sick of it. Sometimes that happens. See what your parents think. Ask if they are afraid you'll go into crazy hair dyes and dreads? Or back the hair up with some crazy fashion statements. See what they see and tear it apart to find the right answer. Thats what you do.

Good luck.

17. snelio37

snelio37 Member

i wish i had your parents. i'm a girl and my mom's making me cut my hair. she thinks it's nasty, and it kind of is. i found a guitar pick in there that had been missing for like 3 days. ( i store them up there, so...yeah). I will not let her have it cut though. i'll go to the salon and have stacey backcomb and wax away, but no taming of the beast!

18. LoNeR_HiPPIe789

LoNeR_HiPPIe789 Member

Ignore your Parents

19. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Not too bald anymore Georgie.

20. greenpeople

greenpeople Member

haha weird parents you´ve got! i can have my hair any way i want it. i had it long , short, green, blue, pink, red! just ignore what your parents say! they must have boring lives if they have nothing else to think about than your hair.....