Hair Wrap

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by dixie_pixy, Feb 5, 2009.

1. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy Refried Hippie

Let's talk about hair wraps. I figure since there is a lot of talk of dreads here we can also talk about these cute little wraps.

My best friend asked me yesterday if we wanted to get some thread/floss and put wraps in my hair and I thought it was a great idea.

We went to the craft store and bought what seems to be regular thread (I'm not crafty so I'm not sure). We looked up info that said to get embroidery thread and that's what we got I'm sure.

So, anyone know any easy techniques for our first wrap? I'm pretty sure it won't be too hard but I don't want to fuck it up and have to do it all over again when I know this is going to take a while!!

2. well it's not really that hard to wrap. (and embroidery floss is good, i use it). you pretty much just tie it on, and start wrapping it around a dread until it looks how you want it to. then you tie it around again at the end...and that's that.

3. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

4. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy Refried Hippie

I may try your technique pypes. I hope that it works out well. I tried it a few days ago and it looked crazy and I took it out. But, I'll probably sit down with it again tonight and do another one the way you suggested.

5. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

If you don't have dreads, you can still wrap yr hair... just make sure you braid it really tight, and get all the little fuzzies stuck down with pomade or something. It's really fairly self-explanatory, I figured out how to do it myself when I was like, 8. [I was sick of all the girls coming back from Spring Break with wraps they got done on a cruise to the Bahamas, and being the ONLY one with plain Jane hair.]

Tie it at the top [but not too close to yr scalp, or it'll stick up funny], and wrap the floss around and around and around and around, as tight as you can possibly get it.