hair too thin?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by humandraydel, Jan 23, 2005.

1. humandraydel

humandraydel Member

well, i've wanted dreads for a while but i've never gotten around to doing it. i've always thought my hair is too thin to dread.

so, is it possible to dread thin hair? does the weight of dreads contribute to hair loss?

I'm only 23, so I do have hair, but it is starting to thin around the top some. i'll probably be bald in 10 years so i better hurry up!

humandraydel

2. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Hehe well my hairs not all than thin any more but i'd say give it a go, if anything it will make your hair look thicker and it prevents you loosing the hairs that usually fall out (so at first it might not look that way but after a while it will :) )
    ive not tried it myself... but hat have you to loose? if they dont work ... just cut them out or brush them out (depending how old they are) Im not saying jump into it cos its a big change to do if it goes wrong/you dont like it, you may have to cut it all out but if its what you want to do... do it :)

3. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I have always wonder what my dreads will look like if I ever start to go bald...?

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

I saw a guy in my old home town once... he was in his late 40s/early 50s probably about my dads age (53) and he had grey hair and a bald head... however he still had hair round the edges in dreadlocks in a pony tail at the back... it looked wikkid :)

5. amber

amber Member

i had super thin hair and i think my dreads turned out alright... i never lose any hair so i'm not used to all this weight on my head, its great lol :) My hair looked a lil goofy at first when i let it dread, but it all worked out. Go for it if ya can, oh yeah i don't think it'll encourage hair loss or anything either.