hair removal cream

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by crazy_gurl, May 21, 2004.

1. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

my bf admitted to me the other day that he didnt like me to have hair down there, so i sed id shave. however, his dad's a doctor and he says wen u shave you could cut yourself, and the cuts could become infected... so im thinking about using hair removal cream. can anyone tell me which product is best to use and the pros and cons of using hair removal cream opposed to shaving? thanks.

2. socialmachine

socialmachine Member

if i was you i would tell your b/f he's a brainwashed victim of a hairless obsessed society that distorts the real beauty of not only women but men to conform to some unatainable beauty standard of a plastic barbi doll

3. ellwood

ellwood Member

or for a real anwser....

The chances of cutting youself are kinda slim. And if you did, its less of a chance getting an infection there then it would be if you get a cut on your hand, happens much more common.

As for cream products. I have no anwser there for you. I shave, never cut myself.

4. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

why don't you just trim the hair, shaving gets annoying cos when the hair grows back, it itches like hell!!
    and don't do it cos you boy tell you to. Do it cos you want to.
    never let anyone tell you what to do, especially with your body. no matter how much they mean to you.

5. groovydude

groovydude Member

Try imac/veet I did no probs so far but I'm a lad so it could well be diffrent for you e.g. if it got some where sensative(Ohoooo)

6. nightmarehippygirl

nightmarehippygirl LEVI'S MOMMY

i tried waxing. i waxed about a half an inch area and had to lay down and cry. it hurt so bad.don't do that.lol

shaving is fine. you probably won't cut yourself. sounds wierd, but if you think you need to, use a mirror, so you can see what you are doing.

7. Merenwenelanesse

Merenwenelanesse Member

I used hair removal cream a few times and let me tell ya; it did a good job but it was soooooo bad for the sensitive skin down there. It would burn when I pee'd for like a day and a couple time the skin actually would bleed. Needless to say after that happened I stopped using it completely and have been shaving and havent cut myself yet and have no itchies.

There are prolly some other options out there but I wouldn't recommend the creams ... OUCH!

8. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Does anyone know what is in those creams? What kind of chemicals that could dissolve hair? Eeck. I wouldn't try that. Shaving is not bad. But, if you don't want to do it, don't.

9. vanilla

vanilla Member

eek! I trim and use an epilator on the bikini line. I used to shave but i find then i end up wanting to shave everyday coz I couldn't stand stubble. Somehow stubble down there's not as sexy as a man with stubble on his face.

Never tried a cream down there. Tried it on my legs but found out that I was using it every 3 days coz I cannot bear to see regrowth too.

However, like Zeppelina said, only do it if you want to.

10. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

don't ever use hair removal cream down there. I did it didn't dissolve the hair fully and it really, really irritated my skin and it was...just don't!!! I would say just shave carefully and keep the area clean.

11. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

i cut myself sometimes but i have the complicated shape of a peins to move around. i wonder if i'd be able to use cream.

12. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

The cremes are not made to use to remove pubic hair. Do not use them! Your skin is too sensitive and you could do more damage with them then shaving. If you shave go slow and use shaving creme... it shouldn't be too hard. whatever you do though DO NOT USE CREME HAIR REMOVAL! lol

13. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

but the smooth feeling. how about enleve. it keeps hair away for up to tree months. a day of pain and 3 months of smooth. cmon

14. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

arrrggghh now you've all confused me! lol. i noticed that the only people who recommend using hair removal cream 'down there' are guys, i dont know if that makes any difference...
    a lot of the girls have said definitely not use cream but shave instead... but even some girls have said not to do that, but to just not bother!
    i want to get rid of the hair either way, so maybe i'll look at shaving... but im afraid im going to have to ask again, what are the best ways to shave? and what about shaving foam...? i heard you had to shave 'with the current', not against it (excuse the euphamisms!).

thanks for all your posts already, you've been really helpful.

15. crazy_gurl

crazy_gurl Member

please someone reply quickly!

16. AOFpunker

AOFpunker Member

Well since its yur first time, I would recomend shaving with the "current" of the hair. It wont get as close, but there is also less of a chance for cutting yourself of getting razor burn. Personally, I shave against the hair, but I've been shaving for a long time. Make sure you get a reall good lather going with your shaving cream and just take it slow and use long strokes to avoid irritation. Good luck.(its not as bad as everyone says)

17. meishka

meishka Grease Munky

i tried going against the grain but it hurts after. but smooth.

18. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Trim it up, first, too. Easier on the razor.