Hair loss prevention

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by lovedatmj, Aug 17, 2004.

1. lovedatmj

lovedatmj Member

Hair loss runs in my family. My dad and each of his two brothers are bald. They began losing their hair in their early twenties, and became bald by 30. Are there some ways to prevent losing my hair? I already notice that my hair is getting thinner, and I'm only 19.

Also, is hair loss genetic? Is it usually on your dad's side or mom's side or both?

2. amrita149

amrita149 Members

Yes Genetic or genes effect is one of the most important factor of Hair loss. In Genetic effects patient losses hairs invasively. Hair transplant is the premanent treatment to cure this problem. If you don't want to undergo a surgical treatment. Other Hair Loss Treatments are also present in the market to solve your problem such as Low Laser therapy, PRP, SMP and Meso therapy. FUE is the advance technique of Hair Transplant in which little bit pain occurs and its healing time is less. So i suggest you go to Hair Transplant surgery and start search a good hair doctor as soon as possible.

3. IMjustfishin

IMjustfishin Member

sounds like your gonna have to embrace it and be a bad ass bald motherfucker!

4. Vikka

Vikka Members

I heard that an allergy can cause hair loss. Does someone in your family has an allergy on a specific food?
    Reasons of hair loss can range from the simple and temporary a vitamin deficiency to the more complex, like an underlying health condition. Make an appointment with a doctor to determine if this is the case and for detailed clinical examination.

5. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Just shave it off and keep it shaved! You'll be glad you did :D

6. David0301

David0301 Members

hair loss has nothing to do with genetics, my daddy and grand-daddy were bald. look at my profile photo.
    hair loss is a sign that something is going wrong inside your body. There are many ways to grow lost hair back and/or to stop it at all.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Wow, the original post was made in 2004. Poor guy never got any reply from anyone when he was still around.

Anyway, keeping the scalp clean and improving blood circulation has been known to slow the process of hair loss. But shampoo can be too harsh on your hair/scalp, so an alternative is CO washing(Conditioner-Only washing). There are products that are designed specifically for this purpose, and are usually found under the name "cleansing conditioner". I use a cleansing conditioner to wash my hair when I have access to it(past few years). But when I don't, typically when I'm overseas where online shopping can be tricky, I can also alternate between using shampoo and conditioner one day, and CO-washing only the next day, then repeat the cycle.

I've found this to be a better alternative to shampooing when you want to preserve the dyed hair colour as well, because the cleansing agent in shampoo can be too intense and the colour can be stripped off much more quickly. Not saying there aren't gentle shampoo out there, though. I was at a hair salon the other day, and they always shampoo my hair when I'm there and I'm not worried about my hair thinning because of it, or anything too far fetched. I do try to avoid many of those mainstream ordinary stuff you can get from any drug store, though. I also do make it a point to massage my scalp when I wash my hair as well which improves blood circulation.

[[edited due to typo]]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  8. David0301

David0301 Members

He must have turned bald by now. 2004. Taking just advices by people from here . Hahahhahhahah

But back to you -----> what you said is true. I agree

And btw your name says it all.

9. David0301

David0301 Members

When I broke my nose in basketball I did rhinoplasty to make it look good again. I lost lotsss of hair months afterwards. Like a cat. I was shocked. Shaved my head off. Thought I will have to get that tough Gangsta Look. But surprise, they all grew back. But it took 1 year! After lots of research I discovered it is a common phenomenon in the U.S. it is a side effect of general anesthesia. Its called "schock loss" and very common when you google it.

Roots natty never go bald ey .yupiii

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  10. David0301

David0301 Members

Other things that do make your hair fall out:

Hairdryer
    Bleaching
    Excessive chemical dying
    Ponytail
    Cornrows
    Stress
    Lack of oxygen
    General anesthesia
    Brutal combing
    Combing when wet

11. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

What's among the worst is going to sleep with damp hair without properly drying it first. Wet hair is considerably more fragile than dry hair, and the weight of your head that pushes your hair followed by all that tossing and turning can, and do lead to breakage.

One thing about blow-drying is that it can be done safely in conjunction with a leave-in conditioner and/or treatment oil(Moroccan oil, Argan oil, etc). This way you can ensure that your scalp is nice and dry, while nourishing your hair with leave-in conditioner/oil which also protects your hair from unwanted heat from the blow-dryer. I regularly dye my hair and blow-dry it after each shower, plus I put it in a man-bun often, but I still have hair and have actually witnessed an increase in the density compared to when I was in my teens, or in my early 20's.

Another thing, brushing your hair with a boar-bristle brush can also be good, because the boar bristles can collect the natural oil from your head and spread it along the length of your hair. In the old days, ladies would use these fine-bristle brush and would brush their hair for a lengthy period of time to evenly spread the natural scalp oil all the way to the end of their hair. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of boar-bristle brushes.

12. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

There are lots of reasons for hair loss such as your diet, lifestyle, way of combing your hair, stress and so on, try some natural treatment for hair loss such as potato and onion juice and medicine for hair loss

David0301 likes this.
  13. Pokemaster

Pokemaster Members

You can try stuff like this argan shampoo. Its natural so you know its good.