Hair Help

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by PeaceItOut, Mar 12, 2008.

1. PeaceItOut

PeaceItOut Member

Well I currently have dreads, but i am conditioning them out soon.
    Before i had dreads, i had really curly, frizzy hair.
    The only way to manage it was with lots of products, which is not what i like doing, i really enjoy the natural feeling of hair, i simply dont like having a semi-fro.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I would like to go with natural products, if at all possible

Also, i am trying to grow my hair out as long as i can. I have seen some products that claim they promote healthy, fast hair growth, and strong nails (things you ingest, not rub on your scalp). Anybody know which work, and which don't?

thank you all!

2. HempMama

HempMama Member

How long have you had dreads?
    I would just say get some natural conditioner and condition the hell out of them. It's going to hurt and pull and you will probably be amazed at the amount of hair that comes out, but if you haven't had them for very long (they aren't very tight), it is possible.
    I have taken dreads out of my hair probably 5 times, and it's a bitch every time. lol

3. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

have you tried coconut oil in your hair. i have really curly frizzy hair and puting some coconut oil in it when its wet tends to calm it down when it drys also only brush it when its wet and dont touch it alot

4. PeaceItOut

PeaceItOut Member

thanks!
    I am working on the dreads now, the thing about my hair is...it tends to be dry and frizzy, but my scalp itself can get dandruffy (not from being dry, from being oily...and its not like i dont take showers..although i would prefer to be a dirty hippy :D)..
    so i'm kind of at a loss if i should put oil in my hair or not..

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I have a personal forum on long and ultra long hair. we have a thread on if there are ways to grow hair faster.

Please pop by.

I had dreads that were a bit over a year in age (a cluster, rather than a full order). I was able to slowly work them out.
    I used a bunch of dollar-a bottle conditioner for that, then gave the remainder to the local shelter.

I also made sure the hair was not locking at the top: so picture combing the top inch or so, and working out the locks from the very bottom, with condish and/or oils.
    I did keep those areas braided a lot, and I used a super moisture treatment.