had a heart attack

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Dalamar, May 26, 2013.

1. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

For some time now I have been feeling crappy. Suffered from severe fatigue, headaches, when I try to sleep or rest I would get these sudden jolt awake like I am being shocked, had vomiting/nausea and difficulty breathing, numbness in right arm. Then one night I was vomiting violently and had chest pain. I went to the ER what they told me next shocked me. They said I had a heart attack. I had a cardiac cath done which came up clean. No clots or blocks which is good news but on the other hand they don't know what caused the heart failure. They believe I had inflammation of my heart muscle which caused the heart to fail. I am kind of scared because my recovery isn't going as well as predicted. Still getting mild chest pain and headaches. I can feel my heart beating irregularly. Any amount of exertion will exhaust me. I can't do much of anything anymore. My symptoms are much worse in the cold. I am very light headed and disorentated. I am kind of scared. I thought about going back to the er last couple of days because I was feeling worse.

Anyone go through similar symptoms? Not asking for medical advice or anything. Just want to hear from other peoples experiences. I see my doctor Wednesday and hope to get more answers then.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

have you had infections?..bad tooth or recent dental work?...a lot of them will go straight to the heart valves once it gets in your blood..

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

sorry to hear that you are going through this.

getting some emotional support from other people is important at times like this

you might want to look into acupuncture or chinese herbal medicine

hope that things go well the the doctor's appointment. get well soon!

4. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have no personal experience or advise to offer; however, I do hope for the best. Get well.

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Member

Thank you everyone for the support.

Yes, I had a bad infection that was very hard to get rid of. The doctor thinks that caused inflammation in my heart.