Hacking

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by NEMISIS, Jan 12, 2005.

1. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Anybody done it with success.?

2. Bug..Man

Bug..Man Banned

I haven't. Have you?

3. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Why, do you want to know how.?

4. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I haven't but I know a guy who used to hack school computers and change the grades for money.

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Sounds a little far fetched unless he actually broke into the school.
    Or is it just wishful thinking as your still at school, Duck.?

6. NeoPascal

NeoPascal Member

daily.

Uh nemisis, are you knew here?
    also, are you a hacker that used to run irc on umm the genisis server i think?
    cuz i knew a guy that used to use your handle.

7. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

I liked that

8. Duck

No he went to the school at the time and found out the needed info. from the Tech Room. (He got extra credits for doing tech work for them.) It's a long story. Anyways, The way it was set up the teacher had to be accessing the grades at the time. The kid would have to go to the teacher say, "Can I see my grades?" then give a signal to someone standing outside the door. They would have people giving signals all the way to the tech room. (I guess none of them had cell phones or sumtin') He got shitloads of money from it.

9. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

That's exactly how it is.

I haven't technically *hacked* anything other than bypassing all of my school's security measures (proxy, etc.) and exploiting them to play DooM on our school's LAN ...

Hacking is a tough business, especially nowadays. You really have to know your exploits, and how to exploit them. =P Since there are a lot of firewalls and whatnot today, and since programs tend to be of a much higher, protected quality, it's quite difficult.

10. Duck

The same friend called a Radioshack pretending to be a tech guy (yes it was inspired by the movie Hackers) and then he fucked around with all the prices.

11. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

NeoPascal, no I'm not that person.

12. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

I've never really done any serious hacking exactly, but I have done some phreaking... :D That was semi entertaining. :D

13. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

I used to do Phreaking. We made hundreds of phone calls for free in telephone boxes in the UK, it was so easy if you had the right equipment and know what 2 wires to connect to.

14. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Most of the main boxes and such where I lived were sort of in wooded areas... You could just open them up and mess with them whenever, no one ever noticed.. :D

15. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Thats sort of how we did it, but seriuosly took advantage of it.
    It's all changed now.

16. lynsey

lynsey Banned

no not real hacking, it facinates be though. I can remember going to work when I was little with my mom and trying to guess her password on her email and was estatic when I guessed it (lynsey9).

17. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Yeh, I did the same to a friends E-Mail, but when I got in I instantly regreted it as he was unable to use the same password. oops.

18. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Did you know
    Motion detectors won't work if the walls and floors are too hot inside a building.

19. nice one nemisis.. but back to the matter at hand. Im not sure if this is considered hacking but ive gotten up to level 5 on basic web hacking at this site hackthissite.org. Its neato, im interested in hacking so im trying to go up in the hacking stuff and i know some about cryptography.

20. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Cool, I'll check the site out when I have time.