Hacker uses Android to Hijack a Plane!

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by skip, Apr 12, 2013.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

If you still think flying in a plane is safe thanks to all the security these days, think again...

A hacker at a conference just demonstrated how easy it is to take remote control of an airplane using apps for Android. It seems the navigation and command control software for most planes are not encrypted nor do they require authentication (passwords) to control.

So almost any plane on autopilot can be hijacked and controlled using an app and a transmitter.
    The hacker demonstrated using a virtual airplane how you can make it go anywhere you want, do something specific when it reaches set coordinates, cause the plane to fly into the ground or another plane, etc...

Have fun flying!

http://blogs.computerworld.com/cybe...s-android-remotely-attack-and-hijack-airplane

2. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

Damn. That's not exactly...comforting.

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

My guess is the same tech that Iran used to land an American drone can be used by others on airplanes. Similar systems.

4. GBBlondie

GBBlondie Banned

That would seem logical. I guess maybe the FAA should think twice again before they allow use of electronics during flight, huh? lol

5. raysun

raysun D4N73_666 4861786f72

i read about this kind of interesting on the same note dangerous in the hands of people who want to do evil.