guys with a gentle soul

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Lady of the Freaks, May 26, 2007.

1. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

courtly love...gotta love that. a mannerly and respectful gentleman is most attractive. chivalrous behavior is very desirable, in my opinion. as long as i don't get stranded alone in a tower surrounded by a moat full of snapping crocodiles.

2. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

I hear there are some fetish videos on the internet dedicated specifically to that.

3. Lady of the Freaks

somehow that doesn't surprise me.

4. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

Would it surprise you if they were wearing... MERKINS?

Anyway, now that we've all spilled our guts to you, Lady of the Freaks, why don't you tell us something about yourself? What kind of woman are you (assuming you're a woman...) and what do you like in a man? (besides that he be chivalrous, which you've already told us)

5. Lady of the Freaks

well, i could make a big long list of desirable traits. but we all know what those are. genuine, compatible moral values, good communicator, great sense of humor, blah blah blah. beyond that, the most important thing to me is that he likes me...alot. isn't that what we all want?

6. Rigamarole

Rigamarole Senior Member

OK, so who are you? [​IMG] PM me if you want.

7. Lady of the Freaks

not really here looking for a connection. just been thinking of these matters lately...and looking for some feedback...because of conversations i've been having with folks affected by such issues.

8. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

As I said, WAY too much acid.

This is a discussion of courtly love, not a flap house for the pathetic and unsurely thoughts. Though many would seem to disagree. Such is as one would expect in a place where any plebe or dirty bourgeois may post.

To gain an understanding of true courtly love, one must strike down all such uncouth notions without remorse.

9. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

The Golden Apples of the Hesperides

The Hesperides are gorgeous, beautiful, young girls, daughters of the Night - or if you prefer, as legends written at a later time tell us, the daughters of Zeus and Themis. The golden apples grow on a tree way in the east.

As a wedding gift the earth goddess, Gaea, gives a couple of these apples to Hera when she is to be wed to Zeus. The apples give the owner eternal life. As the last assignment, Hercules is ordered to fetch some of these apples for King Eurystheus. But an enormous snake that lay around the root of the tree keeps guard.

There are different versions of how Hercules accomplishes his last assignment. Some say that he kills the snake and picks the apples himself, others say the enchanting Hesperides, protectors of the golden apples, are charmed by Hercules and they offer him some apples. A third story tells us that the Titan Atlas plays a part in this last labor.

On his way to fetch the apples, Hercules passes by Gibraltar where the Titan Atlas stands holding the firmament of the sky on his shoulders. Atlas very courteously offers to fetch the apples if only Hercules will hold the sky in the meantime. Hercules carries the sky and Atlas faithfully heads off to fetch the apples.

When Atlas comes back and sees how well Hercules is doing, he decides that Hercules is a fine replacement, (after all Atlas has carried out the labor almost since the beginning of time), and says to Hercules to keep up the good work for all eternity while he, Atlas, will deliver the apples to King Eurystheus.

Some say Hercules reacts by threatening to drop the sky and in fear of what Zeus will do, Atlas takes his old job back and lets Hercules off the hook, others say that Hercules consents but asks to have time to get a pillow for his shoulders. The gullible Atlas holds the sky so Hercules can get the pillow, and of course Hercules never returns and it is said that Atlas is still waiting for Hercules.

10. Lady of the Freaks

true love is spiritually elevating, and can exist even in the complete absence of physical expression...that much is sure.

11. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

New copmanon: What are all these knobs???

Dr. Who: What these?.... **switch**

Dr. Who: Instruments... These are for controling our flight.

New companion: FF-Flight?!

Dr. Who: Well yes. You see we travel around here through time and space.

New companion: *girlish dmismissve laugh* Whoo hoo hoo!

Dr. Who: Oh no no no no, don't laugh!.... It's true.

12. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

The time that it takes
    To break a heart
    Or bring to pace
    The course of fate
    That stokes the hearth
    And brings to face
    The course of time
    Of things sublime

If one knows how to
    Control those who fake
    The things of time
    And the things of fate
    Until it is such
    That we are in love
    And there is no wake
    For those who presume
    To fake
    The things of time
    And the things of fate

13. Lady of the Freaks

our time in the material realm

doesn't really matter

because we only truly live

in the heart of another

and as long as we are loved

we will live forever

14. TravisBruner

TravisBruner Member

When i listen to a girl i acctually care it dosent mean i want in her pants. I cant stand when people say it does. And im inlove (Yes i no im 14) but she is mentaly stronger then me and honestly i find it sort of attractive. I've come to realize to that to have a good relationship that works we would need to work together with disicions and things. So i think its better for a guy to enjoy holding a girl in the rain or cuddling in the covers.

15. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

You can always recognize it
    Like you recognize the faith
    Once you've got it you won't lose it
    And it doesn't run away
    You can push it from your mind
    Never give it any time
    Say it isn't what I need
    But it's like holding back the sea
    Love comes in and fills up everywhere
    It's a mystic transformation
    From the darkness too the light
    It's as sudden as the morning
    Gotta keep an end in sight
    Where there's sadness in the moon
    There will be hope and light again, and soon
    It fills up everywhere
    You can push it from your mind
    Never give it any time
    Say it isn't what I need
    But it's like holding back the sea
    And it fills up, and it fills up everywhere

16. Lady of the Freaks

'Estelle' by A Man Called Adam

17. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

Very good!

It is one of my favorite songs. The song is so named because the background is a repeated sample of an old oriental man cooing over a young toddler. They have a short interchange, then he asks her what her name is and she says with great glee, "Estelle!" Then there is another sample of her yelling a triumphant interjection in baby talk, sounding like she is playing in the play ground and feeling very exuberant.

The way the old man fawns over her struck me as being very much in line with the intent of this thread.

18. Lady of the Freaks

oh really...and what would that be?

19. mike1reynolds

mike1reynolds Member

True love with a true MAN.

A man is someone who knows best, and yet is gentle and true, despite the fact that it is a father's responsibility to drop the hammer, but with love and compassion, not in a manner that engenders fear.

Do you know what a father's job really is? If not, then your children are doomed to make their own mistakes and wallow in them, rather than being properly forewarned and learning from their mistakes.

What is a man of gentle compassion too you? What was your daddy like? Did he make you affraid, or did you feel unaffraid to approach him? Did you feel like he would gently tell you the brutal truths of life, or were you afraid too tell him the truth? If not, then he did not do his job correctly. I will do mine correctly, with both gentleness and sobriety that does not permit too many terrible mistakes, but only enough mistakes to learn their proper lesson. Children must be allowed their mistakes, but not given so much "freedom" that they may destroy themselves.

20. Lady of the Freaks

oooh...Father Knows Best flashback.