Guns N Roses

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by StoneTempleRoses, Jun 3, 2006.

1. StoneTempleRoses

StoneTempleRoses Member

Is anyone here a huge GNR fan like I am? If so you should really check out there new stuff. Ill post a new one right here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=AA7E893B3C4F4EC2

Its called Catcher in The Rye its much more for the hippies than their old hard rock/ metal stuff.

Here's one called "Better" also very different from their old days. Highly recommended. on megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ATV75U8C

I got more where that came from if you want it.

Goodnight everyone!

2. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Awesome... I like Catcher in the Rye more than Better, but both sound pretty good.

Some more songs would be great if you got 'em... the album better be good, 12 years now is it? And news of release date?

EDIT: Ooops I meant 'any news of release date' not and lol. Damn typos that make sense! :)

3. StoneTempleRoses

StoneTempleRoses Member

4. boothy

boothy Senior Member

Cheers mate, I will download them in a bit, ain't got much time now, and I'll reply with my thoughts.

Thanks again for the songs!

5. RocketQueen21

RocketQueen21 Member

Finally I found a Guns N Roses thread! Yeah. I'm a huge fan- I can't wait till Chinese Democracy, its this year believe it!

I saw them live in May and I'm going to two more shows this December. I support Axl 100% right now but I love all the Gunners.

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

FUCK Axl Rose

Guns N Roses is not Guns N Roses without Slash

7. RocketQueen21

RocketQueen21 Member

Nor would it be without Axl.

Axl having the legal rights to the band name is another issue.

But Axl has always been about GnR, he never did any solo shit or strayed away from it in the first place. GnR has always been his top prioraty.. and even though the other band memebers didn't want to grow with him as musicians he kept on. I'm glad hes doing something with the GnR name.. and the new CD should be amazing IMO.

8. Duck

'didn't want to grow with him as musicians'

they didn't wanna deal with the controlling prick any longer
    and we are talking like 10 people

all of the past members could make up an orchestra

9. RocketQueen21

RocketQueen21 Member

You are right in one aspect, I have no doubt Axl is very hard to work with. He is a perfectionist and can be controlling.

But Slash and the rest of the members were interesting in making Appetite for Destruction 2 while Axl wanted to move on. Even after AFD's success he wanted Illusions to be more mature .. more impressive songs like November Rain, Estranged, Coma.. masterpieces! Sorry but Slash was still stuck in Appetite by that point while Axl was interested in industrial stuff, kinda like Nine Inch Nails - I heard he was very inspired by Trent at one point. Slash just wanted to keep chugging Jack Daniels and making the next Night Train. However I'm glad he got involved with Velvet Revolver and is still making music.

10. Duck

bullshit

he did the Use Your Illusions and Spaghetti Incident? before leaving
    and after he did leave he collaborated with Marta Sanchez

I didn't hear much soft jazz with spanish chicks on Appetite for Destruction...

11. RocketQueen21

RocketQueen21 Member

Sure he did it but his heart wasn't in it as much as Axl. If you watch Behind the Music for example they all make fun of Axl and his grandiose ideas. They were like "Yeah man ..we are so rock n roll Axl is trying to play piano WTF!"

What does SI? have to do with anything- its a cover album.

12. Duck

you said he jsut wanted to do Appetite 2, obivously not if he did 3 other CDs in between then and leaving
    and SI? was definently not much like Appetite

I think they focus alot more on how much Axl impossed his ideas than anything

13. morrisonforpres

morrisonforpres Member

about a year ago i was the biggest guns n roses fan ever.
    knew eveything there was to know about them and heard every song and loved it
    but then i calmed down but i still love em

14. Cpuk

Cpuk Member

Im only a fan of the old stuff with the original line up, the newer stuff just donesn't have the same appeal to me.

15. seaweedyness

seaweedyness Member

i saw the roses live a few weeks ago. twas an great show

16. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Axl is a perfectionist freak who deserves to be shot, Chinese Democracy keeps getting pushed back like twice a year.

17. bassplaya

bassplaya Member

well, March 6th is the "tentative release date" first time one has ever been given. its all explained in a suprisingly proper letter to the fans by Axl.

what a dick

18. vodoo chile

vodoo chile Member

you cant push nothing back that dosent have a release date? lol

19. Metallideth

Metallideth Sir

Wrong.

It's not Guns N Roses without Tracii Guns. When he left, it should have became Slash N Roses.

20. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

If you ever see the interviews Axl had back in 99 and 00 he said he had a new album in the works, when you keep saying that for years on end that's pushing it.