Gun violence- are you a victim or know somone who was?

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Eric!, Feb 22, 2018.

1. juggawatta

juggawatta Love

I was once threatened with a shotgun so I popped him in the nose and spilled him on himself.

Eric! likes this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not sure what you meant by "spilled him on himself". I'm guessing he was bleeding all over himself? What happened after that? Did you take the shotgun from him, did you run and get away, etc.?

3. juggawatta

juggawatta Love

Yes he was bleeding. After that I left, he was too drunk to chase me like Elmer Fudd.

Orison likes this.
  4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

My old gym teacher was the coach that was killed at the Parkland school shooting. I also have a friend who's close friends died at Pulse. It's horrible.

5. Eric!

Damn. That IS horrible, quite sickening, honestly. No teacher (when they were studying to be teachers) would have ever imagined they would have to worry about getting shot at school. How do you feel about teachers being armed though? Do you agree with that move?

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. la Principessa

It is awful. I heard he shielded several students and took the shots himself. He was a good guy.

No, I don't adhere to the belief that we'll be safer with more guns around. Look at all the cops who shoot people unnecessarily, and you think they train security guards better than cops? Hell no. A security officer just needs to be spooked by a loudmouth kid before he starts shooting. Or if he's lazy or oblivious someone could grab his gun. It's more risk than necessary. If anything, metal detectors would do a better job.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Eric! likes this.
  8. Eric!

I totally agree. Metal detectors are a good deterrent. They at least keep everyone safe inside the building. The parking lot is a different story though. I have the deepest respect and honor to that man (your former gym teacher), Victoria Leigh Soto (Sandy Hook Elementary teacher who got killed doing the same thing in 2012), and anyone else that put thier lives on the line in situations line this. And to do that for someone else's kids, and not worry for thier own safety...
    They don't get paid enough!

9. la Principessa

I totally agree. Teachers don't get the credit they deserve at all. I would've gone to school to become one if they got paid a living wage and it hadn't suddenly become a dangerous line of work.

I hadn't thought about the parking lots...I don't know what they would do about that.

10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member