Guidelines and FAQs for the Women's Issues Forum Please Read

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Maggie Sugar, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Women’s Forum Guidelines and FAQs

Welcome to the Women’s Forum. I have compiled a Guideline and FAQ sticky to help the forum run smoothly and to help guide new posters and old alike.

In a Forum like this one, as in Politics, Vegetarianism, America Attacks and several others, people will have very strong and often very different opinions. We have had an influx of trollers and even stalkers on this forum, having the forum moderated and sticking closely to the guidelines will, hopefully, allow us it have open, safe debate and discussion.

Forum Guidelines:

· Personal attacks will not be tolerated; this includes rabid insinuation as to an other poster’s character, (calling an other poster a “whore” “Slut” “bitch” a “Nazi” ect.) as well as threats of any kind, physical or otherwise.

· Simply disagreeing with someone, is not a personal attack. Using someone’s words to point out an inconsistency in their argument is not a personal attack. Asking a person a question about their motives is also not usually a personal attack. We will have debate and disagreement on this forum, simply not agreeing with someone is not an offense, unless it crosses into “attack” territory.

· Please read the General Forum Guidelines for Hip Forums before posting. In a forum where opinions differ and tempers can run high, these are VERY important. Here they are. http://www.hipforums.com/forumguidelines.htm

· I will take the forum offense of posting under two different identities in the same thread very seriously. This is a bannable offense. BE HONEST. If your opinion holds merit, you don’t need to back it up by posting in an other persona.

· Repetitive posts, as per General Forum Guidelines will also be taken seriously. I know you all have more than one thing to say. Posters who continually post the same thing over and over get one warning. That’s it.
    • Posts will pertain to Issues about womyn and Womyn's rights. Attacks on specific or individual womyn, posts containing nothing but attacks on womyn, or posts which only serve to "prove" how much any poster dislikes womyn will be removed. Using the forum to complain about how one particular womyn did something less than nice to the poster, will be removed. These types of posts are not "Women's Issue" they are personal issues. Take that to the Relationships forum, please.
    · Please feel free to PM me if you are having a problem on the Forum with an issue or an other poster. I don’t bite. LOL. :)

FAQs

Are men welcome on this forum? ABSOLUTELY!!!! This isn’t a forum “just” for womyn. The issues discussed here to pertain to womyn, but eliminating 49% of the population, and many of the great things they have to offer is silly. Men are more than welcome to post and are encouraged to.

Do I have to be a feminist to post here? NO! There are different definitions of “Feminism” many people don’t even really understand the meaning of the word. This forum deals with Women’s Issues, but one does not need to “be a feminist” to post here. I would encourage posters, however, to investigate on their own, what “feminism” really is, before dismissing it as a bunch of man hating lunatics! LOL! (Hint: Because it isn’t.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.