Guide to Morning Glories and LSA

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by pushit, Feb 15, 2008.

1. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

This guide was created so people know what the hell LSA is. I had a hard time learning about it so I created this in my experiences aftermath.

DESCRIPTION
    The seeds of several varieties of Morning Glory (Ipomoea violacea) contain a naturally occurring indole called Lysergic Acid Amide (LSA), which is closely related to LSD. Seeds are taken orally, and can be eaten whole or the active alkaloids can be extracted.

The most common active varieties of seeds are Heavenly Blue, Pearly Gates, and Flying Saucers. Like LSD, LSA acts as a "psychedelic" or "hallucinogen" which can have strong mental effects.

Dose
    How to dose morning glory seeds (according to Erowid):

Light 50-100 seeds 1.5-3 grams

Medium 100-250 seeds 3-6 grams

Strong 250-400 seeds 6-10 grams

Heavy 400+ seeds 10+ grams

The seeds can be ingested as follows:

- thoroughly chew and swallow - grind and soak in purified water for 1/2 hour, strain and drink - sprout by soaking in purified water for 3-4 days (change water often), after which the white mushy part is removed from the shell and eaten. This is probably the best method for avoiding side effects, although there is enough reason to believe sprouting the seeds lessens their effectiveness. The flowers of the Morning glory may be steeped in purified water for a week or two to produce a mildly alcoholic wine with a distinctively pleasant flavor and a very mild psychedelic effect, on account of hemp. Once again herbs and/or honey can be added to enhance the taste. You must use cold purified water for these processes. Tap water contains chemicals that break down the desired alkaloids. Hot water also does this.

Law
    Although LSA is a schedule III substance in the United States, Morning Glory seeds and plants are sold at just about every nursery, garden store, or botanical supply store that you can find. In practice, little hassle is ever given to those who buy and ingest seeds, but extracting the active ingredient puts you in possession of a relatively pure chemical which is illegal to possess.

EFFECTS

LSD like experience that lasts about 6 hours, but with less hallucinogenic effects. Nausea is common even with untreated seeds. Less anxiety, less intensity than LSD in normal doses. Because use is oral, onset is affected by the last food that was ingested. On a relatively empty stomach, onset of effects is about an hour after ingestion, although it can be many hours before peak effects are reached. Primary effects last 6-10 hours when seeds are taken orally. It also takes a couple of hours before being completely back to normal again.(although in my experiences I had to urinate ALOT and that eased the nausea, I was also VERY tired and still saw shit about 23 hours later, SO BE CAREFUL)

Contraindications

* Do not operate heavy machinery. Do Not Drive. Do Not Go To Work Or School

* Do not ingest Morning Glory seeds if you are currently taking an MAOI. MAOIs are most commonly found in the prescription anti-depressants Nardil (phenelzine), Parnate (tranylcypromine), Marplan (isocarboxazid), Eldepryl (l-deprenyl), and Aurorex or Manerix (moclobemide). Ayahuasca also contains MAOIs (harmine and harmaline). Morning Glory Seeds (LSA) and MAOIs are a potentially dangerous combination. Check with your doctor if you are not sure whether your prescription medication is an MAOI.

* Do not use Morning Glory seeds when pregnant. LSA is closely related to LSD which is a uterine contractor that can increase risk of miscarriage during pregnancy.

* Individuals currently in the midst of emotional or psychological upheaval in their everyday lives should be careful about choosing to use psychedelics such as Morning Glory seeds as they can trigger even more difficulty.

* Individuals with a family history of schizophrenia or early onset mental illness should be extremely careful as psychedelics have been known to trigger latent psychological and mental problems.

Here is a extraction method for people who want to attempt to reduce nausea:

Here is a simple way to process morning glory seeds which produces the best possible results as well:

* Equipment:
    o Coffee Grinder or equivalent to powder seeds
    o 2 Jars with Lids
    o 1 Coffee Filter or Funnel
    o Coffee Filters or Filter Paper
    * Chemical/Biological:
    o Morning Glory Seeds (1 seed = ~ 1ug) (50-500ug=1 dose)
    o Petroleum Ether
    o Ethanol-based liquid suitable for human consumption in approximate order of preference:
    + Reagent Grade Ethanol EverClear or similar substance
    + 100 Proof or better vodka or gin
    + 151 Proof rum
    + other beverages 80 proof or better
    - or -
    + Water-based beverages (not preferred (nausea))
    * Processing Methodology:
    1. If using treated seeds wash thoroughly in detergent and cold water first.
    2. Grind seeds to powder in coffee grinder
    3. Place powder in jar with a "healthy" qty of petroleum ether.
    (~360-500 ml/500 seeds (can't use too much, can use too little))
    4. Put lid on jar and shake it vigorously for a while. Let stand 20 minutes (you can shake it more if you like)
    5. Shake jar, remove lid, and pour suspension into filter (with filter paper in place). Use second jar to catch the petroleum ether than comes through the filter paper. (Windows should be open or do this outside otherwise you will get prematurely in a non-canonical fashion). If some seed powder clings to the side of the jar, rinse it out with some of the filtered ether. When finished, you will have slightly discolored petroleum ether in a jar and the powder on the filter paper.
    6. *** DO NOT DRINK THE PETROLEUM ETHER ***. Put the lid on that jar and save it to reuse next time (you can get at least five processing cycles out of it). Dry the seed powder THOROUGHLY. Wash and dry the empty jar.
    7. When powder is thoroughly dry, place it back in the jar and add alcohol. The amount of alcohol is critical, since you will be drinking it later, and will vary according to your propensities, tolerances, and the intended intensity of your proposed voyage. For light, recreational use, assuming reasonable alcohol tolerance use 1 oz. of alcohol per 30-50 seeds. For intense meditation use 1 /250 seeds. If you use a high seed/alcohol ratio you will want to prepare a large number of seeds at a time otherwise you will be working with micro-quantities and it gets more tedious (unless you like that sort of thing).
    8. Soak the seed powder in the alcohol, shaking frequently, for three days.
    9. Filter again, as before. Discard the seed powder (unless you wish to make 'soap'). Keep the alcohol for use.
    10. Drink the alcohol to achieve desired effect.

WARNING: Petroleum Ether is a mixture of volatile hydrocarbons which is available in hardware stores as Naptha, or in chemical supply shops in a range of boiling fractions. Pet Ether is _not_ the same as Diethyl Ether (which is often simply referred to as just "Ether" to make things confusing). Diethyl Ether is substantially more dangerous to use than Pet Ether, and Diethyl Ether which has been exposed to the air peroxidizes and tends to explode -- old containers of Diethyl Ether should be disposed of by the bomb squad.

Parts of this guide were taken from Erowid.org and psychonaut.com/This guide does have some more spot on corrections.

2. Ganja man

Ganja man Member

nice some one actually put all the info together cheers

3. pushit

Thanks, I think there need to be more guides to help people along.

4. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Worth mentioning, you can achieve a similarly strong effect with just five or six Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds, which contain significantly more LSA than Morning Glory Seeds. They taste horrendous, but it's quicker than munching through several hundred MGs....

5. _marijuano_

_marijuano_ Member

I prefer HBWR rather than MG. They are easier... just chop 5 seeds and drink with a glass of water. You can avoid that difficult extractions... thats just MY opinion

6. pushit

Where the hell do I get them? do they sell them at Lowes or Home Depot? I cant order stuff online.

7. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I expect you can find Morning Glories in most garden centres, it's a popular, and very attractive, climbing plant. HBW can also be cultivated, though I expect they're less common. I've tended to find the seeds in hippy/head shops. They come in packs of five or six and are certainly not sold to be planted. That's in the UK though, I'm not sure if the same would be true Stateside, though I'm pretty sure they're legal in the US as well....

8. aHud (ebk)

aHud (ebk) Member

if im going to go to a hardware store for ether im just going to go ahead and huff the eather instead of eating like 200 seeds

9. pushit

Huffing is moronic, Yay death from huffing =0

10. Herbal Mage

Herbal Mage Member

Took 100 seeds, threw up, probably wont do it again.
    That was my experience, I think weed is the drug for me.

11. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

hbwr at www.iam******.com these work a lot better than morning glories as the lsa percentage is a lot higher

12. jamielynn420

jamielynn420 Member

Hi all! I'm new here, and I was reading through extraction methods for morning glories, and I came upon this sticky. Great thread by the way. It's nice to find all the information in one place. But there is one thing I thought should be mentioned here, and that is if you are using a coffee grinder to grind the seeds, you should do it in short 3-5 second pulses. If you just leave it on, it will build up heat and start to destroy the LSA. When I do it, I grind for 3-5 seconds, pause for about 10, grind for 3-5 more, etc. I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, and I thought it might be a usefull bit of info.

13. Ganja man

Ganja man Member

yeh i tried 125 seeds and colours did seem brighter but no proper hallucations next i will try a bigger dose and wont chew i will extract cause last time i felt the sickest ever.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

400, 800, seeds... Can your belly handle 1000 or 2? I dont get sick for some reason.
    proly do but dont care..... yippy......

15. mephist00

mephist00 Member

they say 3400 morning glory seeds for 15 doses
    or 128 Hawaiian baby rosewood seeds for 15 doses..

morning glory sucks lol Hawaiian baby rosewood seeds have way more the ergometrine alkaloid content.. check it:

MORNING GLORY:
    d-Lysergic acid amide (ergine) = 0.035%
    d-Isolysergic acid amide (isoergine) = 0.005%
    Chanoclavine = 0.005%
    Elymoclavine = 0.005%
    Lysergol = ---%
    Ergometrine* = 0.005%
    Total alkaloids = 0.060%

Hawaiian Baby rosewood seeds:
    Ergine = 22.68% ; 0.136%
    Isoergine = 31.36% ; 0.188%
    Ergometrine* = 8.20% ; 0.049%
    Lys. alpha-OH-ethylamide = 5.79% ; 0.035%
    IsoLys. = 3.98 % ; 0.024%

1 HBWR seed has about 0.25mg LSA

read up on lysergic acid amide: http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/lsainfo.htm

if you extract the LSA instead of eating the seeds, you dont get side effects of eating the seeds, and you can make it more pure, being stronger.

16. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

thats really smart i didnt even think of that....and also...doesnt lsd break down in light, so wouldnt lsa also...maybe this should be done with the lights off with like a blacklight or something??? idk if uv light would breakdown the lsa or not though........

17. woweee zoweee

woweee zoweee Member

I'm no authority, nor do I have any personal experience, but what I have read on the net suggests that LSA has similar sensitivity to light, temperature, and chlorine as does LSD.

18. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

woweee you are correct, to extract LSA you need to use cold, non chlorinated water and don't do it infront of a sunny window :).

19. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

can u act normal when u need to? on like 300 seeds??
    thanks for any quick responses! =]

20. pushit

Yes you can.