GTA5 Outsells Movies

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by wooleeheron, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What I really want is a sim setup where I feel the whole car in the seat etc. Monitors etc. Not really needed I have a 42" LCD and two 17" side monitors for peripheral. But what I need is a decent setup, good wheel and pedals, not logitech and a race seat that has hydrolycs etc lol

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

That's specialized hardware you'd have to ask someone else about.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I bought it twice. Once for the xbox 360 and later again for PS4. I don't regret it :)

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Think of the fun you could have at the IMAX cinema. connected into their systems and playing on a 70 foot screen.
    Perhaps they should start hiring the cinema out in the mornings, they could make a fortune. LOL

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

I'm not good at sitting through movies. :)

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so who sees these sponsorships? i'm just curious how it's worth a business's money to sponsor someone on a racing sim; isn't it just the other sim racers who see it?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah there's an outside program people use to broadcast live so iRacing had their own iRacing channel and then there are outside broadcasting companies that run the races live over YouTube or other sites. Our Thursday series had a small broadcasting company from some guy in his house and he brings in commentators from all over the world to sit and watch and do our races. So what a spectator sees is a realistic portrayal of a race with all the camera angles and and commentary, on screen telemetry and he sets his graphics so high at times with the camera packs you honestly have to look twice to see its not real. What we see as we race is just the cockpit. So yeah, these guys are getting on air.

Honestly the only spectators would be other racers but for our Daytona 500 we ended up with other 500 people watching, we did that race on a purpose time so Americans would tune in and we had the highest ranked race for the time, so over 500 people live watched and then I'm not sure how may watched the delayed race. That was on iRacing TV as well which helped. I came 2nd in that race. :p pushed my team mate to the win and we had 3x Americans driving and 2x American commentators.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wonder if people flipping through the channels ever stop and watch an irace because they think it's an actual nascar race.